Idoc Hunter with new changes

Suikoden

Expert
So I have sent these suggestions to Shane already, but wanted to get them posted out to the community as well to get thoughts and idea. I think the new changes to Idoc are great as you still have 50% loot going to current Idoc hunters and the other 50% potentially benefiting the community not able to participate or being run off the small and large scale Idoc. So I had some thoughts or idea with the new system as I really think it helps to move wealth across the entire player range potentially. I know that a lot of times at IDOC the loot isn't always great (bags full of ruin weapons, 125 power crystals, three chests of MIB shells). That is the fun of it is that you just don't know what is in there and with the 50/50 you just don't know what got sent somewhere else. Was it a Relic, was it a dragon egg, or was it a chest full of vanq weapons, even so perhaps a chest full of half aprons. That is the excitement of not knowing and hunting for it.

So with that here are my thoughts on creating another component to the Idoc system. Following an IDOC and loot being sent across Sosoria. There could be a way to find out all "uncollected" mobs that exist, but not telling you any coordinates or anthing. It just says three is currently uncollected loots available to hunt. So then next would be building off the Cartography system, that at this time only requires 70 skill points to utilize. Perhaps make the requirement GM cartography (for sure) and maybe bring in tracking as a secondary skill? This will then allow you to access the Idoc Hunter system. Introduce an Idoc hunter map making pen (gold or dono vendor) only useable at GM cartography to make Idoc loot regional maps with either system messages based on proximity or pins viewable in the map like a tmap. Perhaps make those maps a fraction of the size of smallest carto map to it cant be easily macroed recalling around.

This then would give a system to players and new content of hunting down loot (I like the system of proximity on your idoc map so you know your close but not sure what mob it is). Thoughts anyone? I think this system would be great an give a new activity to participate in no matter who you are or the guild your in. And the world is so big it gives high likelihood of that random new player to come across that loot we might think is junk but to a new player I think it would be exciting to get chest full of mid quality stuff.

Silex

Apprentice
I might pass for a noob but what really mean the word - idoc- i dont really know anything about this system yet ?

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Didn't anyone else happen to catch the title of this thread? Y'all ran off whining about other issues, does no one take issue with the new IDOC system? I personally feel that moving half the loot to overland spawn is dumb, people put time in for IDOC's (get rid of the damn IDOC location guy), and now half their reward is going to random people. The random people also concerns me, because tamers plow through mobs faster than anyone, so it goes that tamers will have a better chance at the IDOC loot now.. Curious if anyone else has an issue with that? Tamers already have it made despite teh millions that goes into a level 7 meta. You can farm like crazy, what about the other paths in the game? Not to mention if the rewards are so great on killing mobs, why would anyone bother with PvP systems like factions or militias?

All that said, the original post was an idea, that I think has some merit, I'd love to see some sort of cartography system that helped us find where IDOC loot might have gone too.. that at least would add an element to this, that wasn't just random. Right now it's a game of chance, which we all know how frustrating MoTM farming is.

lollo

Grandmaster
Didn't anyone else happen to catch the title of this thread? Y'all ran off whining about other issues, does no one take issue with the new IDOC system? I personally feel that moving half the loot to overland spawn is dumb, people put time in for IDOC's (get rid of the damn IDOC location guy), and now half their reward is going to random people. The random people also concerns me, because tamers plow through mobs faster than anyone, so it goes that tamers will have a better chance at the IDOC loot now.. Curious if anyone else has an issue with that? Tamers already have it made despite teh millions that goes into a level 7 meta. You can farm like crazy, what about the other paths in the game? Not to mention if the rewards are so great on killing mobs, why would anyone bother with PvP systems like factions or militias?

All that said, the original post was an idea, that I think has some merit, I'd love to see some sort of cartography system that helped us find where IDOC loot might have gone too.. that at least would add an element to this, that wasn't just random. Right now it's a game of chance, which we all know how frustrating MoTM farming is.

People put time on idocs? What the fuck? 95% of The idocers script everything, we are in 2017.

And stuff is going on overworld spawn which means ettins, orcs etc, you don't need a tamer to kill those in 5 seconds

Changes Look good, let's test em for a while

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Yes some people put time into IDOC's, tracking them down, checking them regularly for timer updates, getting a crew to help defend them. Take away the reward, and less people will be IDOC'n, less PvP, less fun. Losing a piece of history.

Loot is also going on higher end mobs, the ones the tamers farm constantly... Tamers have more potential to gain, but of course there will be exceptions. I'm curious to know how many ettins die, with epic loot in bags, that get missed because people don't open every bag.

Idocs take a considerable amount of time to be effective at. Lollo is just clueless because he had a group that did all the hard work for him when he competed. His initial response to mine missed so hard on so many points I couldn't even write a response correcting him before I had to leave for work. That aside I am pretty disappointed with the new idoc system as well. Makes a pretty cool aspect of uo simply not worth it anymore and just hands random players free stuff.

Suikoden

Expert
I as gonna say AreYouKidden my thread sure did get hijacked haha... but yeah I just see a potential there with a skill that never needed to be grandmaster. This gives a reason to build onto a system that has been left at 70 skill points the entire time in UO past and present. I think it would be fun hunting down monsters as described in my post. Like yesterday I was just randomly doing Tmaps, and there was a random world Lizard man and Earth Elemental. The Earth Elemental had 250 valorite ingots on it from "idoc loot". So I don't really think it will be tamers specific that could get the 50% as it could literally be ON ANYTHING in the world. So a person could just run around and plow through all the random various untouched monsters and they will find stuff. It is fun in its own way, but I was just trying to think how we could build on a system in the guild that has left 30 skill points untouched.

Streets

Grandmaster
I guess I don't know enough to make a complete decision? Does over world mobs include things like rabbits birds wandering healers and such?

halygon

Grandmaster
The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread (after deleting 90% of the posts as they were about RDAs) was that maybe the mobs that get gifted with idoc loot can be highlighted in a way like seasonal mobs are. Thoughts?

lollo

Grandmaster
The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread (after deleting 90% of the posts as they were about RDAs) was that maybe the mobs that get gifted with idoc loot can be highlighted in a way like seasonal mobs are. Thoughts?

way too easy imho.

It's not a bad idea, but it'd be sorta like highlighting motm monsters that are carrying relics.

Streets

Grandmaster
way too easy imho.

It's not a bad idea, but it'd be sorta like highlighting motm monsters that are carrying relics.

Have to agree this kinda goes agenst the point. You will have players killing each other over this which may contain a fletching kit from the idoc or something silly. Rand should be random imho.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
At first glance I really like the idea halygon - but I have to agree, I think then you get people monster hunting for the odd hue ones, and not actually farming everything, and then it becomes those who can traverse dungeons quickly, or without taking much damage get an advantage over those who don't/can't.. I'm thinking of defense tali vs. mage tali sorta thing. I think if the system has to remain in place, it does need to be random.

It would be nice if somehow the bags put on to mobs, were highlighted, I'm going to get carpal tunnel from all the opening of bags on corpses, especially repond types, they always seem to have 2-5 bags on them.

Had a friend get a power scroll off a lizardman early this morning - exciting :)

K A Z

Grandmaster

they should not be highlighted but still be stronger than reg. mobs! That'd make things funny and interesting imo!

Streets

Grandmaster
At first glance I really like the idea halygon - but I have to agree, I think then you get people monster hunting for the odd hue ones, and not actually farming everything, and then it becomes those who can traverse dungeons quickly, or without taking much damage get an advantage over those who don't/can't.. I'm thinking of defense tali vs. mage tali sorta thing. I think if the system has to remain in place, it does need to be random.

It would be nice if somehow the bags put on to mobs, were highlighted, I'm going to get carpal tunnel from all the opening of bags on corpses, especially repond types, they always seem to have 2-5 bags on them.

Had a friend get a power scroll off a lizardman early this morning - exciting :)

Wait the items are in a pouch? I was under the impression they where in a container that's not usually carried by the monster!? I usually just ignore pouches :(

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
if a person has a bag, or pouch locked down, then ya it could be on a pouch.. most people use chests or boxes, but I've seen idoc loot in a brown common bag before..

Streets

Grandmaster
Damn I could have sworn I seen a screen shot of a unique chest somewhere.. good to know thanks.

Any idea if the item was just locked down not in a bag?