I think I may have a real solution to get more blues hunting pk's..

Cheapsuit

Master
it's not so much that the pk zerg is overwhelming as much as it's about the advantages pk's have over blues. Pk's are mostly in factions and they roll in large numbers for the most part. And with those large numbers they are pretty much rolling risk free and one major advantage with faction is the faction bless of items. Sure blues also have this ability but blues aren't as quick to join factions due to the zergs.

So if we had some type of system (honorable coins) that appeared in a backpack every time a blue killed a murderer and was able to buy let's say a 48 hour item bless with these ( insert name of the coins here) then that would not only give blues incentive to hunt reds, but it would also even the playing field a bit. Now blue's too could run around with gold runic weapons like a lot of the factioneers do.

I know there are probably some holes in this suggested system and it would need tweaking but I'm only trying to plant the seed here. Is this just ******** or does it have some potential?

Fattson

Grandmaster
What you are suggesting sounds good in theory. But what it does in reality is feed the zerg mentality. Anything that hurts a pk's ability to pk is going to result in them grouping together. I know you're kinda new here but we've seen it before.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Who the fuck is using faction items on blues? EQMS is the only faction guild that does sigils and PKs and none of us have a blessed weapon or play dexxers.

Cheapsuit

Master
Yeah I didn't think about the alt farming and I like Glutt and EMQS but someone has got to figure a way to put fear in the zergs so that they think twice before taking murderous actions. If nothing else why haven't someone put together a 50 plus blue guild to hunt down these zergs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messremb

Grandmaster
Yeah I didn't think about the alt farming and I like Glutt and EMQS but someone has got to figure a way to put fear in the zergs so that they think twice before taking murderous actions. If nothing else why haven't someone put together a 50 plus blue guild to hunt down these zergs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the problem is the type of people who enjoy zerging always join the largest zerg, they dont want competition.

God.RG

Grandmaster
this server doesn't have enough people to hold "zerg" guilds.
that's why pvp is pretty much dead these days, noobs that are afraid to pvp without atleast 10-12 people behind them.

Cheapsuit

Master
making warriors stronger might help a bit...the zerg everyone is speaking of are all mages. Mages are just too strong here and please don't say warriors got a boost in the art of pot throwing because everyone doesn't want to pvp with flying pots. Mages are suppose to fear the spear lol but they don't because it's comical and every one of you know it.

Baby Blue

Master
^ .... I'm sorry because you can't just run with an exceptional spear and kill everyone. =( It's not an effective tactic in 2015. Perhaps you should learn how to pvp with flying pots? It will make you a better player.

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
making warriors stronger might help a bit...the zerg everyone is speaking of are all mages. Mages are just too strong here and please don't say warriors got a boost in the art of pot throwing because everyone doesn't want to pvp with flying pots. Mages are suppose to fear the spear lol but they don't because it's comical and every one of you know it.

It's more so because target closest ebolt is the cheapest and most efficient way to zerg, and with the more players you have the more the effect compounds.

I cop constant hate for saying so, BUT target macros have ruined large(r) scale pvp.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Who the fuck is using faction items on blues? EQMS is the only faction guild that does sigils and PKs and none of us have a blessed weapon or play dexxers.
This isn't entirely true. Some of EQMS members do infact have blessed runics. Not many of you do, but some do for sure. (If they still play anyhow) Besides the point though. "

Where the hell are all the blues lately? I log in maybe 15-20mins a day if that anymore, and when I do it's to roam hotspots and it's been pretty dead.

It's more so because target closest ebolt is the cheapest and most efficient way to zerg, and with the more players you have the more the effect compounds.

I cop constant hate for saying so, BUT target macros have ruined large(r) scale pvp.

I....... actually agree with this

Baby Blue

Master
5265b06ee691b20890aec574_736.jpg

... and then cheaters would use scripts such as EasyUO to gain some advantage? We'd see more illegal acts and crying than ever.

I disagree about removing targeting options anyway. I'd rather not play handicapped game. Target closest isn't something new lol.

Kilike

Grandmaster
5265b06ee691b20890aec574_736.jpg

... and then cheaters would use scripts such as EasyUO to gain some advantage? We'd see more illegal acts and crying than ever.

I disagree about removing targeting options anyway. I'd rather not play handicapped game. Target closest isn't something new lol.
Wasnt used in osi back then. Not even through uoassist. So umm.. Ya

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Kilike

Grandmaster
I don't know... perhaps 16-18 years ago? When I started back in 2003, targeting options were available.

adapt+or+die.png
Outside of cheating. Targeting options were never nearly as strong they have been on free servers, but as you stated you have no knowledge of the game prior to when it went to shit.

It would be more fun without target closest, and I use and relay on that now just like everyone else.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk