How to Patch manually

Hanebu

Master
Hello everyone,

maybe for some this is an odd question. My HDD got roasted and now I have to install UO again,
The easiest way would be using the UOFLauncher, but I don't like the Version the launcher comes with.
It seems that whe launcher will come, with the big status window:
oFBmhHD.png

My old client had the smaller (not custom patched) status window, so I was trying diffrent client versions.
Finally I found a client that looked completey like my old, but (there is alyways a 'but'...)
I somehow got the winterpatch in this, and also some colors are not displayed correctly.
NmgFT7Z.png

I thought I could now just use the mapfiles from the UOFlauncher, but they are stored as a *.uop files and not as a *.mul.

I know this must be possible somehow, my old client was like that, sadly I cant remeber where I downloaded it from...

Is there anyone that could help me?

asta666

Neophyte
This would be nice for people like me that play on other platforms as well. I play on linux and .net is not a requirement very easy to meet (especially the newest versions). Of course if all else fails one can install the game in a windows vm first but it would be nice to have a cross platform installer (like one written in python or java). The game itself works very well on linux with wine (and razor, steam, uocartographer).