How To: Multiple Sallos Profiles

Don't get discouraged by the length of this post if you're interested in creating multiple profiles. It's really not that complicated, i just broke everything down into baby steps (so hopefully even the knuckledraggers on this server can follow it).

There is a bit of leg work involved, but it's worth it to be able to play multiple saved profiles for the best UO client. Also, once you have this set up, you'll never have to touch it again.

TLDR: Create a batch file that:
1) deletes the contents of AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online\
2) replaces those files with the copies that are specific to the profile you're trying to load
3) launches Sallos
See Step 9 for sample code to get started.

For those that don't speak nerd and can't follow the TLDR version, here we go:

1) Click your windows "Start" button and in the "Run" field type "AppData" and open the "AppData" folder:
K9q4QXN.png

If "AppData" folder doesn't show up, google "Show Hidden Files (Insert operating system here)". For example i would search "Show Hidden Files Windows 7" @ www.google.com.
2) Find and open your Sallos Folder by opening the "Local" folder, and then the "Sallos" foder:
F3ULya8.png
3) Create a "Backup" folder:

wW0TcPY.png

4) Open the Ultima Online folder in your Sallos folder:
Inside your "Ultima Online" folder you should see two files: "Configuration.xml" and "Macros.xml"
eCCkvoL.png

Remember this folder (the "Ultima Online" folder. You will need to get back here again in Step 9.​
5) Copy both of the files into the "Backup Folder" we created in Step 3:

aKxFskg.png
6) Create one folder for each profile in your "Sallos" folder:

For demonstration purposes i created 2 folders "Character1" and "Character2".
nGStVqf.png

7) Paste the same files you put in your "Backup Folder" into both of the profile folders created in Stepe 6:
7RKa2yv.png
8) Create two new text documents on your desktop. Name them according to your character names:

For demonstration purposes I created "Character1.txt" and Character2.txt".
3uihME7.png

9) Open the first text document you created in the previous step ("Character.txt") and paste the following code:
Code:
del /F /Q "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online\*"
xcopy /-y "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Sallos\Character1\*" "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online"
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ultima Online\Sallos\"
start SallosLauncher.exe
10) Go back and open your "Ultima Online" folder which is inside your "Sallos" folder (see step 4). Click on the address bar and copy the contents:
SfwwOij.png

11) In the code that you pasted into the first text document (step 9), paste the folder path you copied (previous step) into the green portions below:

xcopy /-y "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Sallos\Character1\*" "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online"
start SallosLauncher.exe

Be sure to leave the "\*" at the end of the string on the first line!
12) Go to your "Character1" folder (or whatever you named it) inside your "Sallos" folder. Click on the address bar and copy its contents:
UbxLNoY.png

13) In the code that you pasted into the first text document (step 9), paste the folder path you copied (previous step) into the green portions below:

start SallosLauncher.exe

Be sure to leave the "\*" at the end of the string on the second line!
14) Locate your SallosLauncher.exe (mine is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ultima Online\Sallos\) click the address bar and copy the contents:
bBNRd08.png

15) In the code that you pasted into the first text document (step 9), paste the folder path you copied (previous step) into the green portions below:

start SallosLauncher.exe

Be sure to leave the "\" at the end of the string on the 3rd line!
16) Open the "Character2.txt" and copy the code from "Character1.txt"

17) In "Character2.txt" change the red portion below to whatever you named your 2nd profile folder in step 6:

start SallosLauncher.exe

For demonstration purposes, i would change the red part to "Character1".

Be sure you keep the "\*" after the name of your folder!​
16) Save both of your text files. When you're presented with the "Save As" gump, change the file extension from ".txt" to ".bat":
CBr4CFH.png

If you can't change the file extension, google "Show file extensions (your operating system here)". For example, i would search "Show file extensions windows 7" @ www.google.com
17) Load your second profile by launching "Character2.bat" and set up all your hotkeys and settings.

18) Log out and close your uo client after you have your second profile setup.

This will save the "Configuration.xml" and "Macros.xml" files for profile 2.
19) Copy the "Configuration.xml" and "Macros.xml" files from "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online" into the "Character2" folder you created in step 6.

21) When you want to load profile 1, open "Character1.bat". When you want to load profile 2, open "Character2.bat".
Any time you make changes to your profile, you need to copy the files from "C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online\" into whichever character folder (Character1 or Character2) they belong after you log out.

Other than that, you won't have to touch anything else once your profiles are finalized.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone test this out, mine are working flawlessly.

I gave the post a once over, but i may have missed a step.

Let me know if any of the steps are unclear.

Lots of views and no replies. Wondering if anyone else got this to work? I made a 3rd profile today for myself and everything seems to be working fine still.

Perhaps i made this too complicated by trying to over simplify the steps? Any feedback?

I'd like to add that you need to copy your Configuration.xml and Macros.xml any time you add someone to your friends list as well.

You can get creative and make another batch file that moves those files for you; very similar to the 2 that you created by following the above steps with opposite folder locations and without the launch Sallos line of code.

For example:

For Character1:
del /F /Q "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Sallos\Character1\*"
xcopy /-y "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Sallos\UltimaOnline\*" "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Sallos\Character1\"
For Character2:
del /F /Q "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Sallos\Character2\*"
xcopy /-y "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Sallos\UltimaOnline\*" C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Sallos\Character2\"

Whenever you log out, just double click the appropriate batch file for which ever character you had logged in to save your settings for next time you launch.

kolbycrouch

Master
This will save whatever changes you make to whatever profile you opened.

You need to change the paths and profile folder names like the OP.

Code:
del /F /Q "C:\Users\Kolby\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online\*"
xcopy /-y "C:\Users\Kolby\AppData\Local\Sallos\mage\*" "C:\Users\Kolby\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online"
cd "C:\Users\Kolby\Downloads\Sallos\"
start /WAIT SallosLauncher.exe
xcopy /y "C:\Users\Kolby\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online\*" "C:\Users\Kolby\AppData\Local\Sallos\mage"

Almost more convenient than Razor/Steam for me with this.

This will save whatever changes you make to whatever profile you opened.

You need to change the paths and profile folder names like the OP.

Code:
del /F /Q "C:\Users\Kolby\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online\*"
xcopy /-y "C:\Users\Kolby\AppData\Local\Sallos\mage\*" "C:\Users\Kolby\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online"
cd "C:\Users\Kolby\Downloads\Sallos\"
start /WAIT SallosLauncher.exe
xcopy /y "C:\Users\Kolby\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online\*" "C:\Users\Kolby\AppData\Local\Sallos\mage"

Almost more convenient than Razor/Steam for me with this.

Love it. Nice addition - i was going to look at adding something like this at some point. Props for beating me to it :)

RyGull

Neophyte
Does this still work? It says its copying the files over but fails to load after login screen.