How does the defensive wrestling calculation work?

For example, if I have 100 Anat and 50 Eval, what would my defensive wrestling capability be? I can't find any information about this anywhere

I'm pretty sure the anatomy/eval wrestling bonus might be bugged as well. I made a pair of heal alch mages with no wrestling just to try out a new template but I've been getting hit way more than any of my toons with wrestling. Unless o was just getting dicked by rng could a staff member look into this to make sure it's working properly?

you need 200 skillpoints between anatomy and eva int to gain defensive wrestling. there are no mid stages afaik
No

I'm pretty sure the anatomy/eval wrestling bonus might be bugged as well. I made a pair of heal alch mages with no wrestling just to try out a new template but I've been getting hit way more than any of my toons with wrestling. Unless o was just getting dicked by rng could a staff member look into this to make sure it's working properly?

No

(Eval + Anat) / 2 = Def Wrestle.

halygon

Grandmaster
No

No

(Eval + Anat) / 2 = Def Wrestle.
Thanks for the answer.

Interesting, so I could have GM anat and 0 eval and still have 50 defensive wrestling?
Well no, you must have both skills to have defensive wrestling at all, so you cannot have GM Anat and 0 Eval.

One thing to note is at GM Wrestling vs another player with a weapon skill at GM, you have a 50% chance to get hit. At 50 defensive wrestling, you have a 75% chance to get hit.

Also, we have thoroughly testing defensive wrestling as we heard complaints in the past that it was not as effective as wrestling -- this is not true and the defensive capability of it (decreasing the chance to be hit) does occur as expected.

Inappropriate Behavior
Thanks for the answer.

Well no, you must have both skills to have defensive wrestling at all, so you cannot have GM Anat and 0 Eval.

eppy confirmed in discord that 100/0 works, are you saying the code is different now?

Ok you just confirmed "PK Dexxors miss recalling provo archers all the time" is bullshit.
Thanks for the answer.

mouthbreather..............

EDIT: I took 20 minutes out of my day to prove the staff incompetence that I've been preaching. In first clip character being attacked has 100 anat 0 eval 0 wrestling gets hit 17/26 ~ 65% (Awfully low but sample size can be to blame and we can assume that I am partial to defensive wrestling working. Let's estimate that it is closer to the 75% hit chance that 100 anat & 0 Eval would give). In the second clip the character being attacked has 0 anat 0 eval 0 wrestling gets hit 26/26 ~ 100% (Self explanatory). Apparently when players ask questions instead of searching for proper answers it seems staff simply relays whatever random information passes their minds. IDK.

Last edited:

halygon

Grandmaster
eppy confirmed in discord that 100/0 works, are you saying the code is different now?

mouthbreather..............

EDIT: I took 20 minutes out of my day to prove the staff incompetence that I've been preaching. In first clip character being attacked has 100 anat 0 eval 0 wrestling gets hit 17/26 ~ 65% (Awfully low but sample size can be to blame and we can assume that I am partial to defensive wrestling working. Let's estimate that it is closer to the 75% hit chance that 100 anat & 0 Eval would give). In the second clip the character being attacked has 0 anat 0 eval 0 wrestling gets hit 26/26 ~ 100% (Self explanatory). Apparently when players ask questions instead of searching for proper answers it seems staff simply relays whatever random information passes their minds. IDK.
Actually I confirmed with @eppy prior to posting. Now it could be that even with no additional "real" skill points added, you still have 30 odd points in it due to stat increases on skills, that you get some defensive wrestling.

But I am glad your 20 minutes was conclusive of staff incompetence.

Enjoy your ban.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
defensive wrestling only, you will not hit often, but you will defend often..

Just curious - why would one choose Eval / Anat, over Eval / Wrestling? Wrestling/Anat is stun... Is there a viable template that would make it worthwhile to be eval/anat?