Houses Placed Close to Mountains = Stuck on "I Ban Thee"

SidX

Grandmaster
This is the third time this has happened on my thief. Not a huge deal but it's pretty inconvenient because I have to use the "Help > Stuck" option each time to get out:

I saw someone in their house, which was near a cliff, so I wandered in the unlocked door and stole some regs from them. Apparently they weren't AFK and banned me. When I was banned from the house I was placed on a tile near the house sign but inside of a cliff.. I couldn't move, and there was purely inconveniently also a snake stuck on the same tile that killed me. Here's a screenshot:

thief1.jpg

thief2.jpg

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? It wouldn't let me move in any direction. This could get pretty inconvenient for any player if they need to come back to loot their corpse before it decays.

UOAM location was 68o 33'N 3o 22'E

Thanks.

SidX

Grandmaster
LOL he literally stood there and watched me painfully die to snake poison. Not gonna lie, it was probably the most epic thief fail I've ever seen. All for 43 mandrake root.. :(

Tynder

Master
Well, apparently they think it is a good idea to lock their door now. :)

By the way, this is pure gold that you got killed by a snake that was also stuck on the same tile. Me thinks perhaps the owner had banned the snake as well?

Luxvero

Journeyman
hey while on the subject, i would like to ask something

This house in question has a haystack on the still plate steps, and since the house is touching the mountain, the haystack blacks a person from walking between the mountain and the house, except in this particular case there's a porch that allows a cornered person to continue his escape, but if there were no porch, would not the haystack be effectively breaking the "1 tile space around house" rule?

or am i tripping as theres no such rule here?

i only ask because ive seen a few corners here and there

Dellan

Grandmaster
Yea, it is sort of blocking there.. Also, SidX, why in gods name have you stole 43 drake of him when you could've sneaked on the roof and wait for him to unlock his 12 taming SS?