1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIRING: Ultima Online Forever ASSISTANT Creator.

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl Sagan

Karl Sagan Grandmaster

Mar 14, 2013
    Just something I've heard in the past I don't have any crafters.

How much faster/easier does steam make it?

2. Nasak

Nasak Grandmaster

Feb 26, 2014
    A lot easier.. faster by a second or two which adds up but the point is u can do it completely afk and securely

Which im not opposed of

Im gonna create a UOAssist it will be capable of plenty but not be as openly scriptable as steam..

4 people like this.
  3. halygon

halygon Grandmaster

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    IDK, I don't macro crafting items. I DO HOWEVER use advanced macros to help me craft items manually. Like my instrument macros -- I make an instrument, if I see it is exceptional.. i press one button and it goes into a sack .. if I see it is not exceptional, i press another and it goes into the nearest trash barrel. When making hundreds of instruments, this is a life saver.

But you can be sure that if you see a Gankware LLC item out there, it was made while fully at the keyboard -- With love and care!

6 people like this.
  4. Seviour

Seviour Expert

Apr 18, 2014
    If you need any assistance with creating the software I'd be happy to help out some.

2 people like this.
  5. Drake Roberts

Drake Roberts Grandmaster

Aug 13, 2013
    Looks like progress here.. Hope these leads are followed up with and that the ball starts rolling soon.

6. lemi

lemi Neophyte

May 19, 2014
    Lemi, SilkySmooth
    Maybe we should have a vote on whether assistant is necessary. I personally would prefer no assistance at all. You don't see communities for other games having arguments whether they want to have "some assistance (wall hack)" or "full assistance (eg. auto aim, auto shooting)".

I could finally enjoy night sight spell with everyone else!

2 people like this.
  7. halygon

halygon Grandmaster

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Other games also don't have an interface designed and built-in 1997.

8. Seviour

Seviour Expert

Apr 18, 2014
    But isn't that why you chose to play UO in the first place? The nostalgia, the cruddy 1997 UI and the flawless combat system ;where you spend more time trying to select the target than actually fighting him. I mean if you add all these addons to the game you might as well switch to some newer MMO. I'd be happy with a limited macro feature (for training Anatomy and easy to macro skills) and cure/heal.

2 people like this.
  9. lemi

lemi Neophyte

May 19, 2014
    Lemi, SilkySmooth
    Yes you are correct. However, the way you use your computer hasn't changed all that much (mouse,keyboard). It worked in 1997, it should work now. I'm not here to argue with anyone. Just voicing my opinion.

10. Nasak

Nasak Grandmaster

Feb 26, 2014
    Ok im probably going to make a separate thread of have one of the moderators make it, but I want this assistant to have the necessary things to make the majority of the players content without making the strongly opinionated too upset. So a lit of haves and have-nots with a poll would be suitable for the time being to get a good idea

i.e.,

Light levels -- Bring back night sight or let the assistant wipe it from game
    Multi-task scripting - doing multiple actions as fast as the program allows (and ping) or limiting the multi-tasking to only cut down on clicking over n over

Scavenger agents-- yes or no
    Restock agents - yes or no

Etc....

Im all about hot keys and everything that UO tried to do with its own UI macros

11. Seviour

Seviour Expert

Apr 18, 2014
    If they disable filters,restock agents, scavenger agents and a few other things in razor then there would be no need in developing a whole new software.

12. Nasak

Nasak Grandmaster

Feb 26, 2014
    Razor doesnt have a map u can link up in among other additions and it also has a bunch of other useless features that are not needed.. It is more work to disable on the server end considering the negotiating between the programs is a fiasco with the different updates and versions.. It is outdated and its time for a new simple UOAssist program that works undeniably

13. Akesha

Akesha Novice

May 1, 2014
    i would be very happy if there are only clientside macros. no razor or other shit. we dont need it (friends and me).

the only guys who need it, are the pvp macro kiddies.

well i dont think it will ever be made here, so its only a dream ^^

14. agauo

agauo Master

Nov 14, 2013
    Sallos please. Take away recall system or whatever you feel is fair. The smooth fluid movement and targeting are so much better and once you get used to playing on it you won't want to play on anything else. If this shard had sallos I think you would get a pretty big chunk of active pvpers.

15. Magpie

Magpie Adept

Feb 2, 2013
    I hate how in Sallos, your mount's legs don't move while you run. Everyone just floats along and it looks stupid. :(

16. halygon

halygon Grandmaster

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    It does make for silly looking PvP videos.

2 people like this.
  17. K A Z

K A Z Grandmaster

Feb 26, 2013
    lock-step can be turned on/off .. atleast with the newer version there is.

2 people like this.
  18. Magpie

Magpie Adept

Feb 2, 2013
    Nice! Yeah, I'd be all for Sallos if it can be locked down more than Steam can (in terms of all that advance thief scripting and such.)

Would be interesting to hear a comment from Shane on that one.. or just an update in general about assist programs if there are any.

19. halygon

halygon Grandmaster

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Heh, Sallos has its own issues -- probably worse than UOSteam in comparison. I think what people are saying is that they want a Sallos-LIKE interface and graphics, which takes advantage of modern PC hardware -- like graphics cards to provide a better gaming experience.

20. Magpie

Magpie Adept

Feb 2, 2013
    Ah, yeah that makes sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.