1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIRING: Ultima Online Forever ASSISTANT Creator.

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane

Shane Guest

Hey all,
    We are hoping to obtain a very ambitious creative individual who is willing, has the skill set and know-how as well as the Ultima Online experience to create a new third party Assistant Program. This is something we would like to eventually replace UO STEAM, and possible RAZOR (Although razor i personally think is great, and well-balanced... we will most likely continue to support this program as always, it is well done).

IF you have extensive Ultima Online knowledge and have the ability to create a client hook that would be in the production area of RAZOR or UO STEAM, i would REALLY appreciate if you contact me through PM on the forums here.

We will be compensating for this job, as it is believed to be a longer task.

We at Ultima Online Forever feel it is ultimately time to provide, market, and fully expand our potential and more. This could very well lead to other great things as well!

23 people like this.
  2. Snickle

Snickle Grandmaster

Mar 7, 2013
    I think razor is balanced too.
    Great equalizer.
    If you agree, ban UOsteam already.
    I don't want to play here as long as people can afk steal weapons from me while I'm in a dungeon then hide/stealth away all afk. That's BS

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
    4 people like this.
  3. RaRae

RaRae Apprentice

May 28, 2014
    Someone make a better razor/steam + sallos combo and I'll play forever (pun intended).

6 people like this.
  4. Silvers

Silvers Master

Aug 15, 2013
    I want to see something better then Steam before staff decides to ban it

5. Kith kannen

Kith kannen Master

Feb 16, 2014
    Maybe get in touch with the steam creators since they did it for donations for a very long time and I would guess it wasn't all that profitable..I'm betting working for you would be a fairly significant raise and maybe incentive enough to put their skills to use again...but built to your specs/wishes.

12 people like this.
  6. DragonxBC

DragonxBC Grandmaster

Aug 31, 2013
    yea and auto toss purple potions, quick cast and chain link combo while asleep.

7. Kopogero_x

Kopogero_x Expert

May 25, 2014
    Kopogero x
    Easier solution, ban all 3rd party programs, save $ in the process (use it for better content) and bring back UO to the way it was "meant to be played". 250,000 subscribers enjoyed it without them.

14 people like this.
  8. Snickle

Snickle Grandmaster

Mar 7, 2013
    Razor does the things the paper doll can't do without the possibility of cheating.
    Everything else that stream offers is a convenience and Definitely not a necessity.
    Ban everything but razor. That's how it used to be and we never had these problems.
    I guarantee people won't quit the server over it. They might however take a break until these cheats are worked out. Delaying the inevitable helps nobody.

7 people like this.
  9. Salsa

Salsa Grandmaster

Jan 23, 2013
    Fully support banning steam. No idea why it ever got brought back.

19 people like this.
  10. NoXXeD

NoXXeD Grandmaster

Mar 13, 2013
    steam was brought back because certain guilds and people who i wont name right now bitched to shane about not having ez mode.

2 people like this.
  11. K A Z

K A Z Grandmaster

Feb 26, 2013
    Steam was brought back because it's not as chubby and slow and ******** as Razor is, has more functionality, is more player-friendly etc. etc. etc. The only thing it lacks imo are enhanced graphix.

5 people like this.
  12. Sarphus

Sarphus Journeyman

May 19, 2014
    I agree steam should be banned. It allows people to remove skill-based aspects of the game through automation; giving them an advantage over legit players that refuse to do these things.

14 people like this.
  13. DragonxBC

DragonxBC Grandmaster

Aug 31, 2013
    i think more ppl who dont use uosteam quit because of uosteam scripters than people who quit because they cant use uosteam to afk pvp.

2 people like this.
  14. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Grandmaster

Nov 10, 2013
    uo steam better razor:(((
    razor bugged program(many trouble with targeting(sometimes targeting stop work)
    slow macro(dp weapon, etc.)

i am using uosteam and happy(only simple macro)
    steam work fast

mb i am noob in scripting but i cant imagine what i can create in steam pvp macro ,auto-heal macro?mage pvp?

2 people like this.
  15. Sarphus

Sarphus Journeyman

May 19, 2014
    Only a scrub would quit because their automation program doesn't work. We don't need no scrubs anyway...

8 people like this.
  16. Redborn

Redborn New Member

Dec 17, 2013
    I would love to see UOsteam, Razor, UO Assist, UO Automap all go way. A program to allow login to the server is all that is needed. Play Ultima Online the way it was intended, Addon free! :)
    Learn to play Ultima Online, instead of learning to program some third party program to play the game for you.

12 people like this.
  17. halygon

halygon Grandmaster

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Or someone that can't use razor with their computer due to incompatibility. Or someone who uses UOSteam to legally make their life easier in ways that Razor cannot do easy. Or someone who relies on the map to keep track of their guildies. Man there are alot of scrubs out there - damn them.

2 people like this.
  18. Garet Jax

Garet Jax Grandmaster

Dec 4, 2012
    oh so you want to play uo all day by yourself......

19. Garet Jax

Garet Jax Grandmaster

Dec 4, 2012
    Steam damn sure makes crafting less painful thats for sure.

2 people like this.
  20. Gaylord XH

Gaylord XH Master

Feb 9, 2014
    Ban all 3rd party programs. Bring back Roger wilco. You kiddies wouldn't understand.

8 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.