1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helping those who really help us!

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    February 14th, 2018
    UPDATE:

The Ultima Online Forever community has done an outstanding job raising 92,215 donation coins and now we've all worked together to purchase a new computer for @Skye Wolfbane !
    Here is what will show up on her doorstep on FRIDAY the 16th:

[​IMG]

It should be able to handle UOForever, right? :p
    Thank you all for supporting Skye and her article i know it's meant the world to her. It's truly great when the community comes together for something so positive!

Here is the list of donators:
    Wyntr 1364
    SirOdious 500
    Game of Thrones 500
    Electric Wizard 5000
    YaBaDaBaDoo 5000
    Maraga Hlan 1000
    Jungle Jane 1000
    YaBaDaBaDoo 5000
    Parsnip 8100
    Gangrene 500
    Loffta 100
    SkylaJean 1000
    AshParNel 1000
    Chrand 1000
    MattiasTamer 100
    Evilhy 10000
    Shortbus 8000
    Georgre 1000
    Profanity 1000
    Elder Gong 10000
    Moonstar 1000
    SkylaJean 1100
    Brown Eye 200
    Mythralis 1000
    Skye Wolfbane 5000
    Athinos 100
    LifeLine 200
    looYearsOfChoke 260
    looYearsOfChoke 1000
    Cassandra Hope 1000
    Orro Sioux 190
    Eugene Felsnick 100
    Eugene Felsnick 100
    Eugene Felsnick 100
    Eugene Felsnick 100
    Eugene Felsnick 100
    Pansy 100
    Cutlass 1000
    Girana the POS 100
    Girana the POS 100
    Girana the POS 1000
    Girana the POS 8800
    Cerunnos 1000
    ADabLDo 1000
    UgBuyZUglyHouses 2000
    UgBuyZUglyHouses 1000
    Nappaca Ka'tar 101
    Ophiuchus 1000
    Darthagnan 1000
    LifeLine 200

As many of you know @Skye Wolfbane recently submitted a great article to PCGAMER.COM and it made the front page of PC GAMER within only hours..

[​IMG]
    (Link: https://www.pcgamer.com/my-life-as-the-grandma-guildmaster-of-ultima-online-forever/)

We think everyone can connect with this article for sure and it deserves its spotlight.
    Before it made the front page we already did some ads up for the article, posted on our facebook and twitter. With this we also presented Skye with a "Journalists notebook" which is a custom spellbook.

[​IMG]

In this article she mentions how aged her current computer is and how it still runs VISTA. This is something we feel our community and the staff at Ultima Online Forever can help with.

We have placed a Donation Chest at the West Britain Bank. Each donation will be evaluated to current value and then be converted to real life money. This will enable the Ultima Online Forever community and team to purchase a brand new computer for her.

[​IMG]

Simply drag 100 donation coins or more into this chest, and within time we will ensure "Momma" @Skye Wolfbane gets a brand new computer to enjoy Ultima Online Forever from Ultima Online Forever.

(Note: Every single donator will have their name posted).

Regards,
    Ultima Online Forever Team

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Serj Tankian

Serj Tankian Well-Known Member

May 8, 2016
    Serj Tankian
    SKYE IS THE BEST

3. Failonis

Failonis Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Failonis
    One of a Kind!!!!

4. SirOdious

SirOdious Member

Jan 7, 2015
    SirOdious
    World Metals Co
    I read the article today, and it compelled me to login again....I am sorry I left. This server is really the best mmorpg I have ever played. I was gone for a while and lost my houses and all my possessions... It will be hard for me to rebuild my empire but I think I will try since I have been inspired by Skye and will definitely donate to the cause! I may soon be asking Skye to allow me into the guild as well.

5. steve-o

steve-o Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2013
    I really loved the article! Great work and big advertising for uof, Bravo skye!!!!

WTB 10k dono for skype!

6. lollo

lollo Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer
    This was a great read on my way to the Office, Makes me want to play again

7. Furync

Furync Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Trin was my first guild here on UOF, great bunch of people. I've since moved onto other guilds but always had respect for Trin.

Great job on the article, Skye. Hope you get a shiny new PC. :)

8. Shortbus

Shortbus Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Shortbus, Krats, B.U.F.U., Jynx Maze, LongDuckDong, Kylvio Vertiro, Fran Lee, Jacob Scallywag, Kris Hansen, Hugh Jassdik, Chunker, John.Kimble
    Great cause...looking to buy some dono in game to donate. Love Mama Skye!

9. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    I just wanted to tell my story but the fact it's motivating people to play UO, and in particular, UOF, that is just an awesome bonus and I'm glad to see that.

10. Elevated

Elevated New Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Elevated
    This is awesome - hope grandma Skye gets a kick-ass computer. I hope she doesn't get nervous by all the bright lights and liquid cooling :D

11. Rocksteady

Rocksteady New Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Read the article and was excited to see UO on the front page of one of my daily websites to read at work. Great article, so great that it made me come back here to wipe the dust off and log into the forums. I don't play UOF, but I'm going to create a new character just to donate when I get home.

I don't know Skye, but a lover of UO is a friend to me. :) Hope it all works out!

12. aIck

aIck Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

Good read~

13. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden
    Hoping we can all pitch in and set you up right, so you can game in style Skye!!

Byron Dillinger and Shortbus like this.
  14. AreYouKidden

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden
    For some reason the picture didn't attach.. Weird! :)

Byron Dillinger likes this.
  15. UglyHouses

UglyHouses Member

Nov 13, 2017
    UgBuyZUglyHouses
    BRAVO!! Logging in to donate now.

16. UglyHouses

UglyHouses Member

Nov 13, 2017
    UgBuyZUglyHouses
    Also, I would like to say that my heart dropped when I had seen the donation chest for Skye. I thought that this was a medical issue or that something had happened to her. So glad to see that this is just us donating to buy her a new computer and that she wasn't hurt physically in any way. WHEWWWW!

17. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Heard that from a few ppl, she's not dying but her PC is from the looks of things

What kinda upgrade we talkin'?

18. AreYouKidden

Mar 28, 2017
    3 monitors, glowing room, alienware PC for sure, with a gaming chair.. just a simple upgrade....

[​IMG]

19. AreYouKidden

Mar 28, 2017
    The above is all truly necessary for a Grandma... The triple 4K monitors because of her failing eye sight, she needs the better resolution so she can actually see UO when she's playing... The high-end ergonomic keyboard to help with her carpal tunnel, it elevates the wrists just slightly, to create a nice straight line through the wrists which is much less painful... The ergonomic gaming chair, for good posture, which helps her numerous back problems... The Bose gaming speakers, because honestly it's a better investment than the hearing aid she needs... and the glowing alienware PC, helps light the room up so she doesn't trip when she has to get up to go to the washroom every 12 minutes... I mean honestly it's all pretty mandatory!

No grandmas were injured during the making of this post... .

20. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    !!! Listen you young whippersnapper...I ain't THAT old!..lol

I'm using a 10 year old Compaq Pressario with Windows Vista. I'm good with a HP from Walmart if it has Windows 8 or up..lol

Honestly, y'all have been way too kind. Makes me teary.