1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halloween 2018 Events.

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ZOMBIE LANDS
    OCTOBER SATURDAY'S 13TH, 20TH, AND 27TH.
    • New recipes
    • New rewards
    • Running 3 Saturdays in October
    • Zombies have the chance to drop "a rotting zombie head"
    • Take the rotting zombie head to one of the zombie portal cauldrons scattered throughout zombieland
    • Double click the cauldron and any zombie heads will be converted to event crystals and added to your bank in the normal world
    • Prizes will not be awarded based on points, those are bragging rights only
    • The cure recipe has been changed
    How to play ZOMBIELAND (Tutorial):

[​IMG]
    RISE OF UNDEAD
    SUNDAY, OCTOBER 14TH
    • Multiple city/world zombie bash
    • Slay as many as you can, as fast as you can
    • Make sure to check the zombies loot!

[​IMG]
    HALLOWEEN PIRATE INVASION
    SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28TH
    • Pirate Undead Invasion
    • Handouts
    • Unique Bosses Spawned

[​IMG]
    HALLOWEEN COMMUNITY AUCTION:

Special Community Auction: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30TH​

HALLOWEEN ADDITIONS:

NEW Pumpkin Carving System:
    [​IMG]

Special Pumpkin drops will now fall on Halloween Spirit creatures!
    If you find an un-carved pumpkin, you will have 15 minutes to use a special carving knife that is available on the gold sink vendor to carve that un-carved pumpkin into one of the carvings above.
    So be quick on carving it if you find a pumpkin!

The Pumpkin drops will only drop during the month of OCTOBER.

More to come..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2018
    StarLord87, cups, batman and 7 others like this.
  2. Todd Hiltz

Todd Hiltz Expert

Jun 17, 2018
    Evasive Jackle DanceForMe Mr Pitt
    how do I start zombieland event?

3. Cash is King

Cash is King Grandmaster

Aug 13, 2013
    It's not activated yet. Type " [z " and the zombieland gump comes up. Once it's activated there will be a "Join" button or something along those lines

Todd Hiltz likes this.
  4. Todd Hiltz

Todd Hiltz Expert

Jun 17, 2018
    Thank you Mr King

Cash is King likes this.
  5. parsnip

parsnip Grandmaster

Jul 11, 2013
    The server will need to be restarted before Zombielands is activated. This should happen hopefully later today. Sorry for the delay folks!

6. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    We will be having Zombielands TOMORROW, Sunday October 14th instead of the zombie bash, and we will be running Zombie bashes for the remainder of the evening.
    We apologize for this as eppy found a major bug in the Zombieland system right before we launched.

7. Sephid

Sephid Master

Nov 6, 2015
    Sephid
    Damn it!. I wasn't interested in zombieland but wanted to do the zombie bash so i went to bed early to have all day to bash zombies today! I am disappoint! :(:(:(

8. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Zombielands is now active, type [Z in game to join! There is a video in the original post above that shows how to get set up.
    Also, Here is a macro you can use with steam created by @Skye Wolfbane

Code:
    @setalias 'self1' 'self'
    @getenemy 'enemy' 'criminal' 'gray' 'closest'
    pause 750
    if @inrange 'enemy' '1'
      attack 'enemy'
      setalias 'vendor' 'enemy'
      while @inrange 'vendor' 1
        pause 850
        if @x 'vendor' > x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' == y 'self1'
          msg '!3'
        endif
        if @x 'vendor' < x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' == y 'self1'
          msg '!7'
        endif
        if @x 'vendor' == x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' > y 'self1'
          msg '!1'
        endif
        if @x 'vendor' == x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' < y 'self1'
          msg '!9'
        endif
        if @x 'vendor' > x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' > y 'self1'
          msg '!2'
        endif
        if @x 'vendor' < x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' > y 'self1'
          msg '!4'
        endif
        if @x 'vendor' > x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' < y 'self1'
          msg '!6'
        endif
        if @x 'vendor' < x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' < y 'self1'
          msg '!8'
        endif
      endwhile
    endif

9. Sephid

Sephid Master

Nov 6, 2015
    Sephid
    Zombie land was way more fun than expected. Thanks!

Shane likes this.
  10. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Thanks for the feedback!
    We will be posting a bit of a "how to" guide before next Zombie event which will be this upcoming Saturday.
    Your current progress has been saved and will continue on the next start up date which is Saturday, October 20th.
    https://i.imgur.com/XUMMBbR.gifv

Bromista and Sephid like this.
  11. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Grandmaster

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Axgalor Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden, Rusty Cleaver, The Mad Hatter
    I have to admit, I am extremely disappointed that the zombielands didn't happen on Saturday as per advertised, and that nothing was said sooner than 5 pm EST that it wouldn't be happening. Most of us sat around waiting, and.. crickets... And sadly, this isn't just a blip on the radar, it's not the first time this sort of thing has happened, where people just wait wondering what is going on.

I am someone who prioritizes family time as much as I can on weekends, and as such I miss out on many holiday and last minute events because they aren't scheduled. I think it was a great approach to advertise these events in advance, but when you do that, you absolutely need to make sure the events are going to run. For me, and others like me who don't live and breath UO, having them scheduled gives us a chance to re-arrange our schedules to fit both our family, and our passion for UO in, so we can attend and enjoy these events.

I have never had a chance to do zombielands live, as last year I was out of town, this year I worked out a deal with the family, to get a good solid 12 hours of play time in on Saturday, in order to enjoy zombielands (the scheduled event), with my guild. Unfortunately Sunday ended up being all of Saturday & Sunday's plans crammed into one, and I couldn't attend due to the last minute change. I understand these things can happen, but they shouldn't happen so frequently as they do here.

I hope staff understands, and recognizes that this sort of thing is a huge disrespect of people's time, their consumers, and contributors time. For everyone's sake, I hope the rest of the events scheduled go according to plan, because UOF has something special here, that is often overshadowed by situations like the above, and it's not a good feeling for those who adjust their lives, to find out that it was for nothing, as staff weren't prepared to follow through on their commitment.

12. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Grandmaster

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Axgalor Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden, Rusty Cleaver, The Mad Hatter
    I do want to follow up that previous message, because while I am sorely disappointed, and needed to get that off my chest, I do feel there have been a lot of great things going on here at UO Forever for the month of October, and just in general!

• Pumpkin Carving! this is a great idea, as it introduces a collect-able set, and people are willing to trade, haggle, buy, to get the complete set. This is incredibly satisfying, because new players benefit in profits, and veterans benefit in having something new and shiny to achive, I can't say enough of collect-able sets - wish you could do this repeatedly..
    • Zombie Bash - while I realize it wasn't schedule for Saturday, having it in 5 (or 6) different towns at once was fantastic, but on top of that, different drops for each town? This was a brilliant idea, not only did it introduce a collect-able set of items (multi color'd candles and halloween deco), it allowed people to move from one area to the next, finding new and different things, while seeing a different area, instead of just a 6 hour grind in one town! On a side note, it'd have been great to see the odd tougher mob thrown into the mix, a re-skinned werewolf, running quickly after you would have given it that zombie apocalypse feel!!
    • Hallowe'en mobs, honestly I love the odd tough mob peppered in to screw up people's regular farming routines.. This isn't new, but the summer mobs were great, halloween mobs were great, to me I see them as a personal challenge every time I find one!
    • Hallowe'en Deco - This shout out is to you @Faytality (though I realize some of the others may have been too!), I love the spooky feel to Vesper, seeing the towns decorated for the holidays gives a great feel and effect as we explore the lands of Sosaria, keep up the great work!

Kyain and Thinkman like this.
  13. Todd Hiltz

Todd Hiltz Expert

Jun 17, 2018
    Zombie Land was verry addictive, I had a blast even with all the times I was pk'ed. Hopefully next Saturrday will go off with out a hitch

14. a trollbridge

a trollbridge Adept

Apr 9, 2013
    zombieland is awesome i got 6 frags woot

15. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    Thank you Shane. I did not, however, create that macro. Another member did who unfortunately does not play anymore.
    I was very disappointed it did not start Saturday as well. However, I did have a blast Sunday. My house just didn't get cleaned..lol.

Bromista likes this.
  16. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Yeah that issue we had really chapped my ass tbh. Was just bad timing, it happens- it seems to happen to us a lot however lately.
    The next Halloween events will all be on time 100%. We had a bug / issue that popped up last minute (literally right before we went to launch it).

Even though it was on test center for a week without an issue, but things happen. Huge difference from a few people testing something compared to a lot of people utilizing everything within the system.

Apologies for that, i can assure you the remainder of the events this month will be on time.

17. Bromista

Bromista Grandmaster

Apr 12, 2013
    The good news: it probly won't need much adjustment in the future. Just hit play.

This version of zombieland is fantastic even without the cure quest. The head turn-in was a great and absolutely fair addition that was long overdue in the lost lands.

My only gripe: could do with a few less cauldrons on the map. There are some that are just not needed right on the roads.

I don't think their locations should be broadcasted, but reduced and put only in pretty obvious points of interest (much like they currently are, minus the superfluous ones basically)

Wedding anniversary next weekend...rip zombieland play time

Zoobler and AreYouKidden like this.
  18. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    More birds!!

Seriously though.....

19. Bromista

Bromista Grandmaster

Apr 12, 2013
    I did notice that some of the zones that were home to lots of birds in the past were 100% devoid of birds on Sunday.

Still a ton in the desert but fuckkkkk all that noise

20. Todd Hiltz

Todd Hiltz Expert

Jun 17, 2018
    what were the green cauldron pots for?