Game Play Window and UO Classic Publish 96

Macunzo

Adept
In my (unseccessful) quest to get all artwork to display correctly, I patched the classic UO client (not via the UOF-launcher) to the newest build. After that, both Steam and Razor can no longer force the game play window resolution (stuck at 640x480).

By editing the CFG-files, I managed to get the game play window to 1024x768, which was the ingame maximum in the old classic client, but is still quite a bit lower than what I used to have via Steam.

I googled around a bit, and it turns out that UO had an update (their 20 year anniversary publish 96) which actually allows higher resolutions and increases the display radius from 18 to 24 tiles. Surprise, surprise!

Maybe publish 96 for the classic client disabled the Steam and Razor feature to force a resolution?

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to enable the increased tile radius or the higher resolutions of publish 96. Was that disabled on UOF?

Alexdan

Adept
Client version? Is possible new client have different pointer address how manage risolution mod! And uosteam and razor not have support for it!

You can also mod display radius on old client too. Can extend to 31. (only for static and map rendering, mobiles and items non static server transmit only 18 radius)

Whit radius you mean Black corner?

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

Alexdan

Adept
I use client 7.0.35.23 1500x730 res, whit mod whit increase radius (nor only resolution radius too)

mod.jpg

Here is patched client for no blackcorner (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ygg38h47h9i6al/clientModdedRadius.rar?dl=0)
Wait file in current in upload need a little bit, my poor connection have slow upload

Last edited by a moderator:

Macunzo

Adept
I use client 7.0.35.23 1500x730 res, whit mod whit increase radius (nor only resolution radius too)

mod.jpg

Here is patched client for no blackcorner (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ygg38h47h9i6al/clientModdedRadius.rar?dl=0)
Wait file in current in upload need a little bit, my poor connection have slow upload

Looks neat. Saw this on reddit, too, I think. But I guess I'd have to roll back to an older version to use this. The modded client gets me stuck with 640x480m again.

Alexdan

Adept
Looks neat. Saw this on reddit, too, I think. But I guess I'd have to roll back to an older version to use this. The modded client gets me stuck with 640x480m again.
You Force by razor or steam risolution?

Young Star

Grandmaster
make sure the uo option menu on the paper doll is set to the highest resolution. If it is set to 640x480 steam and razor wont resize the resolution.

Macunzo

Adept
Would be supercoolawesome if UOF supported / used the Publish 96 client.

Actually, maybe it does!

I found an acceptable workaround by manually changing the cfg-files, both in the UO directory and for all characters in the user data directories. This only seems to work for the new natively supported resolutions of publish 96, i.e. 1152x864 and 1280x720. With no black corners and (I think) also increased display radius.

Steam/razor still don't overrule this.

Strange, though, that my options gump does not let me change the resolutions ingame.

Pike_Noir

Neophyte
hmm any chance anyone can post a tutorial on how to install the mod from alexdan or possibly give tutorial to use the publish 96 client and getting it to work in UO:F because it would be great to see a bigger screen since my smallest monitor is 28 inches

Reason I ask is can you actually use this client for UO:F if so do you need to rename it to the UO.exe client name, or the Client.exe one, would be craptacular if it can be used in UO:F as for the previous statement made above. Not even worried to see items populated more tiles away would be just great with it not having teh black squares.

Alexdan

Adept
hmm any chance anyone can post a tutorial on how to install the mod from alexdan or possibly give tutorial to use the publish 96 client and getting it to work in UO:F because it would be great to see a bigger screen since my smallest monitor is 28 inches

Reason I ask is can you actually use this client for UO:F if so do you need to rename it to the UO.exe client name, or the Client.exe one, would be craptacular if it can be used in UO:F as for the previous statement made above. Not even worried to see items populated more tiles away would be just great with it not having teh black squares.
For install my mod simple download my file.. Decompress in uo installation fondere... And set new client in razor or steam

Pike_Noir

Neophyte
Do you have to change the uo.cfg manually for the login information or just set it in razor? cause cant direct the path in the launcher, so guess you would change the path in razor. I will give it awhirl and will tell you how it went, now if I could only find a treehack that didnt remove everything from the ground like rocks, so i could still mine them. really can loose the brambles, flowers etc etc that you can pass through just the rocks I need for mining of course!.

***Edited***

Wow fairly simple you Sir/Madam are the G.O.A.T currently in my book, currently running a rez of 1300x1000 and i dont get black edges, while some things dont update till you get closer, like houses to the full extent, I can live with that, so you get two great big thumbs up!, hopefully i can find a tree fix, for above statement then i will be golden!

Thanks Again

Shane

Administrator
Staff member

mod.jpg

PLEASE BE AWARE AS THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL UOFOREVER LINK. We are looking into this, and looking into adding this into our launcher ASAP.

Thanks for the link if it all is clean

Alexdan

Adept
Wow fairly simple you Sir/Madam are the G.O.A.T currently in my book, currently running a rez of 1300x1000 and i dont get black edges, while some things dont update till you get closer, like houses to the full extent, I can live with that, so you get two great big thumbs up!

This is server side issue, can't fix it because house is a dinamic object and server send to client information only for 18 radius.

hopefully i can find a tree fix, for above statement then i will be golden!
Uhmm i not understand :(

PLEASE BE AWARE AS THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL UOFOREVER LINK. We are looking into this, and looking into adding this into our launcher ASAP.

Thanks for the link if it all is clean

File is clear :) Don't worry
This is report of scanning from https://www.metadefender.com/ (scan whit major antivirus and antispyware engine)

Code:
AegisLab
2234 ms
Clear

Agnitum
1984 ms
Clear

Ahnlab
2234 ms
Clear
AVG
2203 ms
Clear
Avira
62 ms
Clear

Baidu
2843 ms
Clear

BitDefender
1797 ms
Clear

ByteHero
2000 ms
Clear

ClamAV
2203 ms
Clear

CYREN
1437 ms
Clear

DrWebGateway
1906 ms
Clear

Emsisoft
62 ms
Clear

ESET
1172 ms
Clear

F-prot
1437 ms
Clear

F-secure
2422 ms
Clear
Filseclab
1718 ms
Clear

Fortinet
2890 ms
Clear

Hauri
140 ms
Clear

Ikarus
2000 ms
Clear

Jiangmin
1718 ms
Clear

K7
31 ms
Clear

Lavasoft
9390 ms
Clear

McAfee
2156 ms
Clear

Microsoft
2000 ms
Clear

NANOAV
1437 ms
Clear

nProtect
2250 ms
Clear

Preventon
1281 ms
Clear

QuickHeal
1453 ms
Clear

Sophos
2265 ms
Clear

STOPzilla
3281 ms
Clear

SUPERAntiSpyware
2218 ms
Clear

ThreatTrack
2375 ms
Clear

TotalDefense
437 ms
Clear

TrendMicro
1390 ms
Clear

TrendMicroHouseCall
2047 ms
Clear

VirITeXplorer
1484 ms
Clear

VirusBlokAda
3250 ms
Clear

Xvirus
14905 ms
Clear

Zillya!
15 ms
Clear

Zoner
172 ms
Clear

parsnip

Grandmaster
Do you have to change the uo.cfg manually for the login information or just set it in razor? cause cant direct the path in the launcher, so guess you would change the path in razor. I will give it awhirl and will tell you how it went, now if I could only find a treehack that didnt remove everything from the ground like rocks, so i could still mine them. really can loose the brambles, flowers etc etc that you can pass through just the rocks I need for mining of course!.

***Edited***

Wow fairly simple you Sir/Madam are the G.O.A.T currently in my book, currently running a rez of 1300x1000 and i dont get black edges, while some things dont update till you get closer, like houses to the full extent, I can live with that, so you get two great big thumbs up!, hopefully i can find a tree fix, for above statement then i will be golden!

Thanks Again

UOF Launcher only supports the one tree hack version. You would have to manually edit the art files if you want to fine tune which flora appear. There are a few guides floating around the web on how to customise art files. I would only attempt this if you are really desperate. It is a quite fidgety process. If done incorrectly, you may end up with some weird art behaviour elsewhere in the game. You would likely also have to re-do the changes if new files are pushed by the UOF Launcher (e.g. when adding new landmass, dungeons or cave houses).