1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOR OUR LOYAL PLAYERS: BONUS WEEKEND!!

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Lady Macbeth

Lady Macbeth Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I'm like a lot of ppl who had high hopes to play some UO marathon. My work prevents me from playing during the week so I understand the excitement of this bonus weekend and disappointment at the same time. No question ask that I was a little sad (my BOD spreadsheet looks great now cuz I used all the server downtime sorting bods!) however it's a bonus weekend for xp and loots. Adam was online til really late on http://discord.uoforever.com working with us. Shane is moving to new place. I mean it's a game that gives us a lot of fun and it is a BONUS weekend. The staff deserves credits. They are just like us have a real life and always try the best they can. If the GMs extend the. It's great! If they don't then it's ok. It's summer! We should go outside and soak up the sun :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 people like this.
  2. murmer

murmer Member

Dec 2, 2013
    They're(the attackers) not doing a very good job today. Only minor inconvenience but made worth it from all the sweet gold I'm getting. Nubs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2016
  3. Cash is King

Cash is King Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    I enjoyed many hours of playing this weekend with minimal lag. Mainly Friday night and on Saturday sporadically. While Sunday definitely had some lag in the afternoon/evening, it's out of their hands.

Those saying why do a bonus weekend when it's so laggy - the only reason it was laggy is because it was a bonus weekend. Some goof nerds ddos'd the server knowing lots of people would be online and wanted to make players mad and log out. Likely so they'd stop playing and consider joining the new shard that happened to be created a couple of weeks ago? ... Speculation but it's likely.

Yes, I was annoyed at the lag. But only annoyed at the losers with no life who feel the need to ddos the server because their life has no other meaning. Not annoyed at the staff who are doing everything they can to keep this server up. It's a free shard remember.

So don't get mad at the staff or else you let the terrorists win. Go smoke a bowl, relax and do something else productive. Or go watch some netflix and chill. I don't care what you do, just don't come on here bitching for not getting something that you feel entitled to even though you paid nothing for it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OedT8rSE_S0&noredirect=1

8 people like this.
  4. WRSampson

WRSampson Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2013
    ^^^ Boom Suckas

5. Anjin

Anjin Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Shamus McGinty
    deleted by me :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2016
  6. Blackmartin

Blackmartin Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Blackmartin
    So double everything is still active but we're getting DoS again as of 10 mins ago? Damn I'm almost home from work too, was excited to still enjoy the bonuses :p

7. Anjin

Anjin Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Shamus McGinty
    It's going in big spikes. Everything is great for 15-20 minutes then boom - crazy lag and disconnection.

Double gold definitely seems to be in effect though :)

8. Elizabeth Gold

Elizabeth Gold Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Elizabeth Gold, Skiff, Mackinaw
    From my experience the double weekend wasn't a good idea. It looked good on paper but it turned out like this:
    • Those who were able to play felt pressured into playing as much as possible to take as much advantage as possible.
    • Those who weren't able to play (due to personal or connectivity issues) felt leftout/discouraged.
    Not sure if this is something that can be realized but OSI had the powerhour mechanism. If a similar mechanism for the double bonus could be used, that would benefit everyone more 'equally'.

2 people like this.
  9. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Or let things settle down and throw in more random events, maybe even short stretches of double XP or double drops?

Announce it shard-wide just before kicking it lff and only let it run for a day...or less?

I mean if you really really wanna reward the loyal players, day-in day-out players then that's how you do it. Staff pops off double champs on the fly I feel like the same thing could be done for "double reward" events semi-regularly.

Duration is tricky. If you run them more frequently you can't run them for too long or it defeats the purpose. But not long enough and ppl complain cause they missed it. Or complain because they live in X location why doesn't staff care about them etc.

So the solution is to play more often and maybe you don't miss out. Everyone misses events and shit so even if staff does more of them or gave a heads up you're still gonna miss some things. The idea behind more frequent, shorter events is to get people logging on and staying logged on not just hitting an event at a predetermined time and logging out right on schedule.

And less predictability means potentially less disruption from nefarious types.

3 people like this.
  10. Mordoc

Mordoc Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2014
    i think power hour would be a great idea especially for those that have limited playtime and dont have the time to grind for hours, power hour would help them level up and make them want to log in

7 people like this.
  11. PekatronIII

PekatronIII Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2015
    WOOOOW!!!!!!!!!! you just read my mind!!!!! I think about this todat too![​IMG] +1 great idea.

but need random hour not a permanently power hour. for example on Monday it's 03 00-04 00 am est,

on Tuesday 12-13pm etc.

or power hour activated when your log in(like a "I seek forgivenes") once a day

sorry for google translyte

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2016
    2 people like this.
  12. Mordoc

Mordoc Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2014
    yeah i agree not a set time power hour for everyone, base it on when you first log in each day that is your PH for an hour. then your next PH would be the next day at the same time, so for example you log in at 4pm and your PH starts it wouldnt be active again until the next day at 4pm.

or you could even add a command for people to use when they log in and activate it and then it wouldnt be available again for 24hrs

2 people like this.
  13. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2015
    The Gronk,
    I gotta say this weekend was Great, sure we had some shitty lag times but all in all, I was able to add 800k xp to my meta pet, and made about 1.4mil gold, I was broke having just bought a QS relic and was able to get to Level 6 and now have 2mil in bank.

As far as power hour, if its a simple add on then I would be on board with it. Just nice to log in and make some real good loot and really get your pets or talisman pumping, then you can sit back and just enjoy playing the rest of the time.

14. PekatronIII

PekatronIII Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2015
    i think PH only double EXP not double loot or anything more

15. SirLothar

SirLothar Moderator Staff Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Sir Lothar, Nicolas Cage
    I think this was one of those rare occasions where being EU meant I hardly got any lag during my game time as the attacks were mainly done during US timezone, unfortunate for the majority =( Thanks again to all staff!

16. IndecentXp0sur3

IndecentXp0sur3 Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2014
    JackYa
    Homocidal Virgin
    Docto O Somuwai
    awesome shard, keep up the great work and thank you!

17. lummox

lummox Well-Known Member

May 1, 2016
    Power hour during peak times will get the population up when newer players are on. That would help with longevity

18. VFingerDiscount

VFingerDiscount Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Totally agree. Or just enable the first hour each day logon power hour for everyone? That way there's no "I couldn't be on cause I'm from ..."

Sent from my STUDIO 5.5 using Tapatalk

19. lummox

lummox Well-Known Member

May 1, 2016
    We could do a power hour eu and us time

20. IndecentXp0sur3

IndecentXp0sur3 Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2014
    JackYa
    Homocidal Virgin
    Docto O Somuwai
    You could put the power hour activation in to the paperdoll, in the old virtues tab that now utilises the UO Forever menu, could place start power hour in their - 1 click.

However what does that well do in Brit? Is that not for boosting skill gain?

2 people like this.