Fisher/T-hunter Template Advice

Defari

Adept
Hail!

Long time UO player here that has recently returned to the game (played from 1997 to 2000 and from 2002 to 2006) - to say I'm stoked to have discovered UO Forever would be an understatement of a life time!! :)

I'm looking to run a solo fishing/t-hunter character although since it's been so long since playing last I don't really remember the mechanics all that well and was looking for some advice on a good template and how to handle the spawns.

First off, is it possible to use one character to decode the t-map (100 Cartography) and then give the decoded map to your other char who will dig it up? If so, here is what I'm thinking:

100 Fishing
100 Lockpicking
100 Music
100 Provo
100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Peacemaking***

I know provo is very useful in taking out a spawn for the treasure chests but how would I handle a single monster when fishing up MiBs (MiBs do spawn monster(s) when fished up, if I remember correctly)? I'm thinking of just using Magery for summoning EVs so I'm guessing Evaluating Int isn't necessary... Also, I'm not sure what to include as the last skill above - I'm thinking Peace as it would help in situations of a single monster by allowing me time to summon EVs after said monster is fished up.

Any advice from experienced fishers/t-hunters would be great! :)

limlight

Grandmaster
When i fish i do it with a demon summoned while hidden. When the chest pops up i provoke the eles on eachother and put demon on deep

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The monsters you get when fishing a MiB are jsut sea serpents. A GM mage only could take them just dont stand to close. As for getting the actual chest when doing Mibs from 100-114 you will only get one water ele and one Deep sea ele. I provo the Deep sea on the water, and me and my wife start shooting the Deep sea with a water slayer bow. IF the deep sea servives it does not do much just watch the heals for mana dumps. a good poison flame strike combo and you are hurting if it hits you with anything else you might drop. just make sure you got magic reflect on. i do believe the best way to do MiBs is with an Alt or friend. let me know if there is anything else you need on the MiB part.