Fish Oh fish

I got a question on fishing and think that it will be good for a guide. I am setting a macro up on Razor and seem to be having issues. Once it says the fish don't seem to be biting, i sail back a few squares and would like it to keep fishing. but the macro is set for relative location and UO does not seem to update my location when i move, but after a few mins it just updates. My wifes macro will than fix itself because hers is set on absolute target. i am trying to not have the several mins of just sitting there that seems to be happening..... IS it a settings issue, or a razor issue? what program do you guys use to macro fishing?

okay so fishing is great and i got a Special Fishing net. i read somewhere that they are worth like 25k, are these the ones that bring up Liviathins? and if so how hard are they? compared to demons, dragons?

okay so fishing is great and i got a Special Fishing net. i read somewhere that they are worth like 25k, are these the ones that bring up Liviathins? and if so how hard are they? compared to demons, dragons?

They are probably one of the hardest monsters in the game. They have tons of HP's, cast flame strike, hit hard and they have a breath weapon that they chain fire that hits for 75. Add all that to they swim just as fast as your boat. It can be a mess.

wow, Advise for taking them down? got 2 archers one provo mage the other is just an archer... what would you advise?

Taming is the best way honestly but other options are two at the same time or just to tank it.

The biggest downside of just tanking it is you can get unlucky and eat a flamestrike/breath weapon and instant die. Basically one character bandages the character taking the damage and you cross heal.

AlyM

Grandmaster
The WHITE ones pull up the Leviathan. The green ones pull up other things, a various assortment according to your level and randomness in general such as krakens, sea serpents, deep sea serpents, water elementals, and deep water elementals. Only the white ones pull a leviathan AND an assortment (a LARGE assortment, I should add). Other colors are just rare versions of the green one.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Special fishing nets (yellowish green) are very common and bring up a few random sea monsters. I have trouble selling them for 200 gp each.

Fabled Fishing net (pure white) are valuable for bringing up leviathan. I don't think there is a slayer type for leviathan if your going to try it with 2 archers it will be very tough. I use my tamer for them, and leviathan can drop a dragon in a few second. The good news about it though is its damage output is tied to its health like a dragon. the breath attacks will get less and less destructive as its life goes down.

another thing to keep in mind is the leviathan does not spawn alone. you will get about 7 or 8 random Sea MOBs that will tear you up on their own. IMO its best to throw the net and back off screen to let the MOBs spawn. then pull them a few at a time so you can manage it. once you get it down to just a few MOBs and leviathan, I would use your Provo and put whatever MOBs are left on the leviathan. summon a demon and put it on the Leviathan, then go to town with your archers. when the last MOB dies begin kiting the leviathan. if you can get it below half life it should start to be easier and you should be OK to finishing It off at that point.

Things to avoid.

Don't let the leviathan attack any of your chars when at full life. without cross healing from more than one person they will die.

Don't let your ship get trapped by spawn.

GL

Good to know what are the Light blue nets? you covered green and white, im just curious... i got one and dont want to get owned...

:D Awsome thanks, How long do you think it might be, i am in a weird time zone and was going to go to bed but ill stay up for some time if need be.

Messremb

Grandmaster
it wont be fore another 5 hours or so. we can try ant meet up when you wake up or another time. the nets aren't going anywhere.