Finishing my warrior template

RDaneel

Apprentice
Hello,

I would like to build a PVM warrior with plate armor and a shield (to reach max AR).

Here are my skills now on this character :

100 anatomy
100 healing
100 resisting spells
100 tactics
100 swordmanship
100 parrying
20 magery

85 AR when equiped, good resistance against monsters, and I can survive in many bad situations :)

But I dont know how to finish this template.

I would like to be able to defend against PK so I thought about poisoning.
Then any attackers will get poisoned trying to attack this character.

But I can live just recalling away from PK and choose any other skill that may help me to play the "Tank" rôle, DPS/armor for PVM.

I play with a bard friend and he wants me to stay very close of monsters and hit them a lot (dps), but also being able to survive any attack (a dragon bite, a balron shot) if something goes wrong, so I can go back and stay alive.

Any help welcome for this template :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Magery is a waste of points, you can recall out of a runebook at 0 magery.

I would go archery so you could be range and melee, a skilled archer can kite almost anywhere and never get hit or casted on.
If you are running with a bard then typically you wont be taking hardly any damage if bard is skilled.

Get your dps from slayer weapons, most monsters will die very fast to slayers.

RDaneel

Apprentice
thank you.

yes I will drop magery if I can find a good skill to finish my template.

archery i'm not very interested, mainly beacause I want to play with sword ;)

is poisoning interesting in pvm ? used to never work well against monsters, as they automatically cure themself very fast and at no cost.
but can be usefull when grieffers, greys and pk show up and need to defend myself.

alchemy, so I can drop explo at monsters ?
i dont really feel like throwing lots of purple objects at monsters while fighting...

So... difficult to make a choice. :(

GM magery and pick up a bit more int for cures and g heals and blesses and what not. I can't think of any other skills that would be worth it other than hiding in all honesty.

RDaneel

Apprentice
hey im gm anat/heal i can cure/heal myself, and with the help of potions.

i think poisoning is a good thing, will help for pvm a little but make my warrior able to defend himself against pvp attacks.
vanq sword + dp give me good chances

hey im gm anat/heal i can cure/heal myself, and with the help of potions.

i think poisoning is a good thing, will help for pvm a little but make my warrior able to defend himself against pvp attacks.
vanq sword + dp give me good chances
If you already decided, then why ask? You said your friends wants you to tank and survive longer. Magery is your best bet for cures and heals in between bandaging. If you want more damage, alchemy or poisoning.

wolf2121

Neophyte
If you play with a Bard why not put lumberjacking so when you dont have to tank you can use a Axe and do better damage?

RDaneel

Apprentice
Thank you for the replies.

So considering this character is full PvM with max AR / Plate (low dex) I will not take magery / hiding etc. Archery is good to go solo with big monsters also.

It appears finally I have 4 options with pro/cons :

Poisonning

Offense : Can poison monsters (not all of them) to make more damage.
Defense : If attacked by PK you can surprise by DP poisoning. So it offers you a chance to run and recall.
Other : I can poison weapons for my other PVP chars. But important thing you get a bad karma or fame or both using poisoning.

Lumberjacking
Offense : Ability to switch between shield/sword and axe when you dont want to tank and you still get some benefit of GM parry, even without a shield.
Defense : Special blow if attacked by a mage, but if you are not going into a real PVP it's a minor help in this case.
Other : none ?

Wrestling
Offense : None ?
Defense : Help you a lot to recall safely and hit with a special move if attacked. Help you against thief that does the special disarm move I think.
Other : Having fun with wrestling duel ? And be the king of the bar when drunk cause you are GM wrestler

Archery
Offense : You can go solo with (quite) big monsters. If a monster is doing DP like a rotting corpse, you can stay back and still make damage. Can be a good value for a warrior when you are alone or want to keep attacking in all situations.
Defense : No interest if your char is not PvP. Tried it, and iI can confirm its not going to help if you wear plate / max ar.
Other : None ?

So :

I'm not sure I really want to switch close combat weapons with this char. I like the shield and a good sword deal quite a good amount of damage, and hit faster than an axe. This make Lumberjacking not that interesting for a pure PvM except playing with axes, but I dont.

Wrestling can make me recall safly if I'm not wrong ? I mean, does it works without magery and with a runebook ? Do I have the benefit like the mage does with only 100 anat and 100 wrestling to recall ? Because I wear colored plate in dungeons (...) to go PvM, wrestling can be a sort of insurance, why not.

Poisoning, more I think about it, more I'm convinced it's not a good idea for PvM. Bad Karma or fame, it's not a real need when PvM because bard/mage other chars can do poison and usually they dont do it because big creatures cure themself or are immune to it. Energy Vortex will do a lot better for you.
Finally... I dont think it's good.

Finally, archery. Well I've trained archery to GM on another char (its qui long I have to say), and I'm impressed how you can go solo for big monsters, dragons etc (not only drake !) and have a lot of fun. Even in duo / small group sometime you are not going in because creatures are still wild and free to attack and you prefer stay away for some time, but still want to make damage.
And in this situation I can use heavy crossbow coz it's not PvP I have time to reload, and wait 1 or 2 second more.

So... I think... I'm taking archery, finally. :) Mainly for the going solo on big creatures (not too big, but a lof bigger than you can deal in close combat solo with your armor and your sword).

Last edited by a moderator: