1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faction Sigil Changes

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Bryce, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a guy

a guy Journeyman

Jan 30, 2013
    you think i am in $? and your giving out peoples shit lol!

Dude factions will be booming if there is better rewards and not focusing factions into champ spawns, they are 2 different things You are a child for sure. Someone might molest you. Livin in your grandmas basement. Playin uo all day everyday. Main focus to exploit and cheat uof as much as possible until they notice how bad of an influence you are to the player base and what you intentions are to hurt and grief new players.

2. Lexington

Lexington Grandmaster

Feb 20, 2013

The intent with the new faction changes and champ spawn changes is to promote group PVP. The staff is not trying to force the PVP on players but to create incentives, so force might be a strong word. The attitude from the red faction players is…grab some balls blue non faction players and PVP with us. That’s never going to happen.

2 people like this.
  3. a guy

a guy Journeyman

Jan 30, 2013
    He hasn't hit puberty yet.

4. a guy

a guy Journeyman

Jan 30, 2013
    mean while they abuse the factions and champs flooding the scroll market... my oh my

5. rimmshot

rimmshot Master

Feb 28, 2014
    ok so are you guys ready to get back on topic yet ?

6. a guy

a guy Journeyman

Jan 30, 2013
    coons being done go join in with your factioner

7. rimmshot

rimmshot Master

Feb 28, 2014
    im at work .. or i would

8. besttherewas

besttherewas Grandmaster

Nov 23, 2013
    Stat loss back at champs? LOL.

Sounds like the new blockbuster expansion will be trammel 2014, coming this fall...

There are no pks at champs besides 1 guild anyways. If 20 blues lose to 5 pks, then they deserve to lose the champ or go play instanced wow.

Half the champ zones were small, so the reds were getting statlossed anyways.

The staff should stop listening to those girls in males. Everyone who pvps knows they're blue scum with no balls. Factions is done, red v blue pvp is where uo has evolved to, the current UOF system fails to cater to it.

5 people like this.
  9. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    amen brotha

10. I C Y U N V ME-

I C Y U N V ME- Apprentice

Aug 7, 2013
    See and yet another one sided opinion. You guys keep saying that the reds can not handle what it is to be a PK but you still aren't seeing the fact that the blues are a majority here reds can not oppose a champ spawn because of the huge amount of blues that are always there. Obviously you realized this at one point and decided to put in the champ spawn stat loss free zones, but now you are going back on your word. Being a PK on this shard is still a very hard thing to accomplish, we still have several things that hold us back I.e. two days of stat loss however the blues don't get any consequences. This shard does not have trammel they need to understand that if they are going to go out they are possibly going to die whether it be by five reds or one red because when its the other way around 30 blues versus one but they can't stat you they come to the forums and they ***** and complain and then they get what they want i.e. what is going on right now.!!! This is the biggest one sided decision I have ever seen made you guys aren't seeing the other half of your population and after this you're never going to see the other half of your population again because they're all going to be gone.

I'm not even saying keep the stat free zones as a permanent stat free thing but please PLEASE make it to where it isn't as hard someone suggested Stat Loss until the champ is dead that is one of the most balanced things you can put in to make this work. You guys are trying very hard to balance PVP and PVM but when you take this out UOF is going to go back to where it was before (Blues freely champing and making loads of gold, and Reds ganking noobs hunting in dungeons because there isn't enough red population to raid a champ spawn because of all the consequences which is what you Staff here at UOF were trying to refrain from)

You all were supposed to be a big PVP guild that has gone around running down servers but you aren't seeing that when you cater to the blues you're going to ruin atleast half of your server which means you're going to lose out on all the donations from that half of the population, and you're going to lose your reputation because when everyone leaves they find another server and make it the most populated, and the best server out there currently. All i'm saying is this is going to hurt you guys more than anything myself and a majority of the people on this thread are disagreeing with this please don't just REMOVE it ALTER it and make it better.

11. Babethoven

Babethoven Grandmaster

Oct 4, 2013
    what needs to be fixed is losing points on factioners due to 2 day stat loss

meh.... there used to be 4 coons a day, with 2-4 others normally done.... not to brag but we've shut that shit down as a guild raiding champs and now you might see 2 and a possible barracoons being done now with 1 other one MAYBE

you cant sit there and say.. o0o0o0o " this " guild has raided champs too blah blah blah.... what starting today? yeh !C! has shown there faces but other than that... who??? you got blues that try to play reds and cry and real life rage when they get stated lmao... let the few actual red players here have some type of fun......sheesh

this whole taking our stat free zones only applies to us in POWER and nobody else, even !C! doesnt even play blues anymore, they are a knock off MALES, they lose one and run on blues... lol we'll fight 2vs4 on reds... who cares? since i've been with power our winning % over powers the 1-2 days we've taking loses so its really nothing

just saying, i've played on MANY, MANY servers.... seen the rise and fall of majority of them, and once this whole trammy population gets to the point of being filthy rich, they end up leaving and quiting the game because they are bored, i've been from server to server gettin everything in game i wanted, get bored and move to the next one

if you want blues to farm in peace at champs, so be it... make it a once a day thing because if you guys can't see the downfall of the powerscroll market, i'd take notice to it soon..... because one thing leads to another.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    2 people like this.
  12. wendy whoppers

wendy whoppers Grandmaster

Aug 5, 2013
    Make some zones around Britain fields statloss free. Add in some monsters that are tough and can drop rare cloth and sandals. This will encourage people there... If you don't want the risk of pks don't go there...this isn't trammel...

Personally I think you should make Britain bridge statloss free and put a big warning message to all those trammels. You will see mass scale pvp of reds vs blues if this was to happen.... This will be exactly like del pond- awesome.

13. Ted Dansinator

Ted Dansinator Adept

Dec 2, 2013
    The fights that have revolved around champ spawns in the last week have been the most fun on this server yet. Reverting the change to stat loss in faction area's is a huge mistake imo. The person that came up with this idea found a way to balance risk vs reward at champ spawns and promote very large and enjoyable fights. Please think hard before reverting this balance.

2 people like this.
  14. Babethoven

Babethoven Grandmaster

Oct 4, 2013
    exactly, they need to just add trammel here to satisfy these kids that cry 24/7, problem solved!!!! reduce the loot reduce everything in half in trammel world and your problem is fixed, everything thats in game now the loot tables keep it as is, powerscrolls, everything all in FEL, 1 PS per champ in Trammel, half loot gold on mobs in trammel and BOOM there you go, no more complaining

brit bridge would get rival blue guilds to work together, possibly red guilds to work with each other at times to team up and get some real live fights here, 30vs30 shit....

15. wendy whoppers

wendy whoppers Grandmaster

Aug 5, 2013
    Exactly, Brit bridge pvp could be epic. Just give plenty of warning and keep Brit gy statloss (trammel). Best of both worlds. Large scale pvp is enjoyable and even for solo blues. They can run to gz to gather a blue Zerg from bank. 30vs30 would be boss. Infact you would see less dungeon pking if this happened and encourage pvpers to join UOF

2 people like this.
  16. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    with all the faction action they're trying to promote, and staffs apparent distaste for red-vs-blue, it is unlikely that stat free farms would ever happen.

30v30 would be fucking amazing though, and red versus blue in farms would be the place to find it, if the area was stat free that is.

do a poll, though, if you want to find out how many people wanna see 30v30

17. Bryce

Bryce Adept

Mar 31, 2014
    I came up with this. Having played AOS for many of the 16 yrs I have played off and on, I know just how much fun champ fights have the potential to be.

Now... having said that, there seems to be a common denominator of complaint amongst players. That reds can "grief" the blues relatively risk free, save for a set of regs/armor being lost.

Was shooting some ideas back and forth with Adam, and by no means are any of these promises to be done. Shane has done an absolutely amazing job with this server, and ultimately we respect and support his decisions.

I'd love to hear from both reds and blues on this. What do you think of these:

A) Red players can not be rewarded with powerscrolls. What this means is, just like the blues they're raiding, the reds must be on their blue characters working the spawn, putting in the same kinds of effort as their counterparts. Should the guild decide to be greedy and wipe the opposing players out, they'd have to come on their reds to do so, then switch back to their blues to be rewarded for their efforts. I think this is a fair approach, because it essentially can already be done in champs... you see a blue that's been there since the beginning, and you drop him and his 2 buddies before champ dies, and voila, that's 3 places higher on the champ point list.

B) Guaranteed bounty. The exact figures would need to be agreed upon consensus, but essentially this; Red dies in champ region, FIRST NON-CRIMINAL to target the corpse with a knife wouldn't necessarily chop the body, but would bring up a bounty gump to the red for 50k. The red can not barter with this amount, it would be a flat rate. If the red accepts, the blue gets paid and the red either a) gets no stat loss b) only gets 2 hours or something to that effect. If the red declines payment, they are automatically statted for 4-8 hours. What this does is provides risk to the red, while also providing reward to the blues for making a concerted effort to killing the red. Hell, we could possibly even make it so that when the 50k is agreed upon, it explodes around the corpse similar to champions do now. This gives blues an added incentive to actually band together, as multiple can profit from such things. Banding together leads to unity, and further integration/familiarization with pvp/group fights.

I repeat. None of these are set in stone. Just a few "counter offers" I came up with last night after having read this post.

2 people like this.
  18. Inflames

Inflames Master

Feb 22, 2014
    i haven't played since the stun changes and don't plan too until its tweaked. i still read the forums and have friends that still play. why not link owning a town to a champ spawn and let the faction that owns the town at the time set the rules for that champ spawn. since for some reason people only care about power scrolls that don't even effect pvp u want stat free champ and town then take it by force for a limited time. tired of getting wreaked at certain spawn then take the town back.it forces the grievers to actually play a part in factions for there benefits. not just join for a free ride. ps lower the stun timers already so i can go back to making reds cry

19. vladimer

vladimer Journeyman

Jan 30, 2014
    so if we raid and take a spawn as reds we wont be able to get scrolls? kind of one sided imo. just make a trammel and have the champ spawns there is you plan on doing this!!!!!!!!!

20. Bryce

Bryce Adept

Mar 31, 2014
    Trying to offer a common ground. You put in effort working the spawn, and put in effort taking out the competition.

Instead of just wiping competition with 5-10 mins effort.

You're not even looking at the balanced/fair aspect of the proposal, and instead citing 'Trammel'. If anything it's the opposite of one-sided. I suggest you ponder your argument a little further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.