1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faction Sigil Changes

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Bryce, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryce

Bryce Adept

Mar 31, 2014
    Hello! Below are a list of a few Sigil Bonuses we have come up with regarding factions. We figure what better way to assign bonuses, than to ask our players what they'd like to see. Let's try to keep this neat and clean, and let's hear some ideas you guys have got! We will also be changing sigil corruption/purification timers. Currently it is:
    4 hours till corruption and then 3 days to purify (this means your faction gets to hold the town for 3 days before the sigil can be stolen again). We were thinking about keeping the corruption time the same but decreasing the purification timer to 1 day to increase fighting over sigils.

10% Damage in pvm:

10% Decreased Vendor Prices:

Chance at a faction chest when killing mobs, will contain various goodies and come in different hues(TBD):

Increased skill gain for crafting skills/increased success chance (15% skill gain/10% success chance):

Increased Silver gain (50% from creatures/10% from players):

Bonus % towards points accrued in champ spawns (10-20%?):

1-2 hours off BOD retrieval cooldown timer:

All bonuses start at half their max value and increase to their max value with each sigil your faction holds.

Each town's sigil provides a specific bonus eg. Minoc -> Crafting bonus.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
    4 people like this.
  2. Babethoven

Babethoven Grandmaster

Oct 4, 2013
    these are in now?

3. Violence

Violence Grandmaster

Jan 24, 2014
    A decent idea but I think faction balance will need to monitored closely to make sure the balancing system is working as intended. As you progressively incentivize factions, you can expect players to take the path of least resistance.

4. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    No. They won't be in until we can figure out the last two sigil buffs and assign them to towns.

5. saQ DOTA

saQ DOTA Adept

May 5, 2014
    Time for me to join factions on all my crafters!

6. Shane

Shane Guest

Yeah this is something we will be working hard to seek out. We want to ensure people aren't simply joining for the benefits, and that's it...

You'll need to participate in factioning within your account in certain ways to have access to these town capturing benefits.

7. Blaine the Gypsy

Blaine the Gypsy Grandmaster

Jan 17, 2013
    Blaine the Gypsy
    So basically everyone is joining factions to be red, have blessed items, craft, get powerscrolls, and get bonuses on things plus more? Tramtastic... where's my item insurance or is that in factions too?

2 people like this.
  8. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    You too can have these bonuses if you are willing to engage in consensual pvp! Remember though, faction blessed stuff (which was present in OSI UOR) only works against faction participants! Lets not forget that crafters have always been part of factions (faction blessing requires the item to be crafted by a faction member and there are faction tinker traps).

We are also removing no statloss for faction reds from champ zones.

2 people like this.
  9. Blaine the Gypsy

Blaine the Gypsy Grandmaster

Jan 17, 2013
    Blaine the Gypsy
    Now that's a start.

6 people like this.
  10. Shane

Shane Guest

Yeah this was the FIRST BENEFIT given to reds in a long, long time... and now is being taken away in a rather record time..

Basically it just further proved my point that benefiting Player Killers further, ruins general game play further as a whole. It is really unfortunate, i wish we could have no stat, and other benefits for reds, but honestly it has never benefited the state of Ultima Online Forever EVER when we attempt to take a step in that direction. We tried, and we will consistently use this as an example in every future debate with REDS complaining about stat loss etc.

4 people like this.
  11. Tynder

Tynder Master

Aug 4, 2013
    Job, Tynder, Gwyndolyn, Pathos, Atimus, Maeve, JP MacGuillicuddy, Meghan Elizabeth
    With respect to the reduction in the BOD timer, I can see a bunch of junk characters with 80ish black smith and 80ish tailor created solely to farm additional BODs. I understand that some players already do this with alternate characters, but I have a hard time getting behind providing further incentive to create throw away toons that stand to lose nothing being in factions and will never do anything but farm BODs.

12. Shane

Shane Guest

YEP! We are WELL aware of all these power gaming tactics, and we will ensure theirs ways to fight this, or disable doing these things.

13. Babethoven

Babethoven Grandmaster

Oct 4, 2013
    well i mean look at the playerbase.... theres only a handful, 5% of the population that use reds here :\

14. Shane

Shane Guest

Yep, and it only takes 1% of a well organized group of reds to cause serious damage.
    This is nothing new. I mean this place is a frickin' GOLD mine for WELL GROUPED skilled pvpers who play Player Killers.

It is insane the amount of gold you can ream from one round of killing. Honestly if you're grouped well enough, properly, and skilled you won't get statted.. What we seen though is REDS collaborating with blues for the spawns, or blues using their ALT reds to kill others without risk...

I seen that coming pretty quick, but i thought, ah we will try it..

This isn't the first time I've been let down to enabling any sort of red-benefit.

15. NoXXeD

NoXXeD Grandmaster

Mar 13, 2013
    just because some assholes {males} {power} and whoever else does not mean the rest of the reds are dumbasses. There are some of us that did not join factions even with the boost of freedom. I think that you should be able give reds an inch and not all of us will take the miles.

16. saQ DOTA

saQ DOTA Adept

May 5, 2014
    Why not try to fix it first before adding more? Balance it out a bit, tweak it a bit more, adding these changes so soon will only make things even more lopsided don't you think?

17. Shane

Shane Guest

There is honestly nothing you could possibly argue with me that would change my mind that PKING in any sort of way, or form helps a community, game, server etc grow in any way.

Before i created UOF, yeaah, i'd be on your side on making it easier for pk's etc.. WE tried this a few times now, and every single time has been a complete let down unfortunately.

It really sucks, we are trying to help you buggers out- unfortunately, helping you a little, harms the server a lot...

So we need to look at other angles, and options! Make some suggestions.

2 people like this.
  18. Babethoven

Babethoven Grandmaster

Oct 4, 2013
  19. Shane

Shane Guest

20. EllEssDee

EllEssDee Master

Jul 24, 2013
    Faction Sigil Bonuses:

Ability for capturing factions to take a fixed % of money from said captured faction town vendors. It starts when they take it and it ends when they lose control of the sigil. Its spread evenly to everyone in the faction.
    -Rank in the faction could determine your cut as well.

Increased durability of weapons and armor.

Faction weapons (maybe armor/spellbooks[dependent on them being evil/Hero] too?) can be given a (super/regular) slayer effect depending on which town is taken (you can assign one to each town).
    -Or it makes their faction monster enemies vulnerable to slayer effects? Probably makes it easier to implement.

Potions have increased effect in said faction town.

Increased chance of skill scroll drops.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.