Extravaganza thread (Potentially hah)

JamestheSame

Neophyte
Hey guys,

How's it going? I'm new to this era but not to UO.

I'm currently using UOSteam. I like the macro section!

I'm having an issue with the UO client though. I have to single click items to display properties. For example, I can't hover my mouse over reagents in my backpack to see how many I have left. I have to single click the item. Same thing with players. Any ideas?

Also, reds are allowed in town? Can they be attacked? Are we protected in town?

I'm sure these are the first of many questions. I appreciate any and all help. Thank you.

halygon

Grandmaster
So welcome to pre-AOS! Items here have to be single clicked to view descriptions or quanitites. There are not properties as you are used to them as this era of UO is before items had a bunch of properties. Check out the Wiki for tons of good info: https://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Yes reds can enter town, but yes they can be attacked -- they enter at their own risk and cannot do negative actions in town (or they get guard whacked like anyone else).

JamestheSame

Neophyte
Thanks for the reply! :)

Alright, so I set a macro to ShowNames. Is this something people generally use? Or do they just Ctrl-Shift?

Halygon, I think by your signature you are a pker. :) With that said, do you have to use the Sallos client to pvp here? Does it give you an advantage?

Thanks again :)

halygon

Grandmaster
Thanks for the reply! :)

Alright, so I set a macro to ShowNames. Is this something people generally use? Or do they just Ctrl-Shift?

Halygon, I think by your signature you are a pker. :) With that said, do you have to use the Sallos client to pvp here? Does it give you an advantage?

Thanks again :)
I always have just used Ctrl-Shift to show names myself.

You don't *need* Sallos to pvp although many like it for its conveniences aimed at PvP playstyle. I prefer UOSteam myself though. Sallos has things like accurately timed animations, clearer/smoother graphics, targeting systems, etc that work well with pvp. UOSteam and Razor each have some of these features also.

Sallos is sometimes touted as a "anti-macro/script" client due to its very limited macro system in comparison to UOSteam or Razor.

JamestheSame

Neophyte
Sorry guys, a new question. I tried reading the Wiki. Couldn't find it. :)

What armor do people wear? Exceptional? What qualities should I look for in armor?