1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Event Manager Search!

Discussion in 'News' started by Staff, Jul 13, 2015.

Who should be UOF's Next Event Manager?

Poll closed Sep 3, 2015.
  1. Blake

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. asics

46 vote(s)
    44.2%
  3. Starnite

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Blaine

47 vote(s)
    45.2%
  1. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]

Greetings Citizens of Britannia!

We are currently searching for a new event manager for Ultima Online: Forever. This new event manager's main duties will be coming up with new and exciting PvM events and quests. We are looking for a creative individual who has a keen attention to detail.

We thought we'd make this hiring search a little interesting. We will be putting out an open application to all players. Each applicant will need to submit a detailed quests along with their application. After a short while, all players will be allowed to vote on each applicant and their quests. The top 3 applicants* with the most votes will then be interviewed and a final candidate will be selected by the Ultima Online: Forever team.

Any post in this thread that is not an application will be deleted.

Each applicant should submit two quests:

1) A server-wide quest such as the Khaldun opening event. It should have multiple steps and should have an epic feel to it.

2) A quest that can be completed by an individual player. It should have one to multiple steps. Difficulty of the quest should be in line with its rewards. This quest should be completable by every player (it will be utilizing our new questing system). Some examples of this are fetch quests, kill x amount of monster quests and so on.

Application

General
    • Name:
    • Character Name:
    • Tell us why you think you'd make a good staff member for Ultima Online: Forever:
    • Hours per week you are available:
    Server-Wide Quest (Please submit long quests as a document file)
    • Quest Name:
    • Detailed Storyline:
    • Antagonist(s):
    • NPCs involved with the quest:
    • Quest Monsters:
    • Quest Locations:
    • Quest Steps (go here, kill this and that):
    • Possible Rewards:
    • Event Completion Time:

Individual Quest (Please submit long quests as a document file)
    • Quest Name:
    • Storyline:
    • Antagonist(s):
    • NPCs involved with the quest:
    • Possible Rewards:
    • Average Completion Time:

Regards,
    The Ultima Online: Forever Staff Team

*We will disqualify troll submissions

If you need somewhere to upload your documents: https://docs.google.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
    28 people like this.
  2. Blaine the Gypsy

Blaine the Gypsy Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Blaine the Gypsy
    Ok I'm going to keep this short for the public eye and attention. I could sit here and write forever, but this is a short and sweet version of my visions.
    I'm willing to work shard wide, group wide, and down to the individual that is roaming the world.
    Upcoming Event: Arcane Magic
    Application

General

• Name: Richard “Boss”

• Character Name: Blaine the Gypsy – Guild [Paws]

• Tell us why you think you'd make a good staff member for Ultima Online: Forever: I could sit here and list off reasons why, but I think the player base already could do that for me. I have an odd connection with the community, I normally throw random quests and events, and it's something that I naturally do while logged in.

• Hours per week you are available: I could do anywhere from 12 – 168 hours a week. I'm ill and it just happens that way sometimes. Recovery is a full time job.
    Mock Server-Wide Quest (Please submit long quests as a document file)

• Quest Name: The Gem of Immortality: Living within Forever

• Antagonist(s): Players, Staff, The Shard of Forever

• Detailed Storyline: The storyline is simple. What happens in the daily lives of those trapped within this shard is the story. Unaware or aware they are contained within just a fragment of a once powerful gem, the people live on with their lives. Good or Evil each has their own story, each has their own reasons for existence. May it be the upkeep of a shop or destruction of a reoccurring nuance or the hording of a collection of goods, those trapped within this realm are in a Forever Chaotic Spin of events.

You did say mock.

This is no troll.

True events I would hold would indeed have all of these steps, but I'd hate to waste secrets and materials now. That is the mystery of my application.

• NPCs involved with the quest: All across Britannia

• Quest Monsters: All across Britannia

• Quest Locations: All across Britannia

• Quest Steps (go here, kill this and that): Each has their own.

• Possible Rewards: Expected, Unexpected, Intended, and Unintended. An artists rendition of the Shard of Forever (like the Gem of Immortality/Arcane Gem a random “Forever” Hue)

• Event Completion Time: Forever

Mock Individual Quest (Please submit long quests as a document file)

• Quest Name: Bulk orders for a village militia

• Storyline: A town mayor asks a crafter to bring in various large bulk order deeds.

• Antagonist(s): Bulk order deeds

• NPCs involved with the quest: Blacksmiths, Mayors

• Quest Steps (go here, kill this and that): Fill Large Bulk Orders of various types asked for. Example: 5 Sword Large Bulk Order, 5 Iron Chainmail Large Bulk Orders, 5 Iron Ringmail Bulk Orders (Yes all filled with small bulk orders).

• Possible Rewards: Runic Hammers, Resources, Gold

• Average Completion Time: Until Turned In or Refused ask for a new one

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
    30 people like this.
  3. andomin

andomin Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Name: Blake

Character Name: Draco Nightshade

Tell us why you think you'd make a good staff member for Ultima Online: Forever: Ultima Online is not only a passion, but something I'm good at. I don't have notoriety and I don't tell stories because it's something I enjoy doing. My passion is seeing other people have fun, I like making events and stories that are not just compelling but are playable. I'm a realist, I've worked on other large shards before as a GM and EM, and I understand how to make stories that are compelling enough that people will want to follow along, and rewarding enough that they'll want to participate, without flooding the server with rares that are too powerful or too valuable. I understand how to construct events to be playable, and I have the experience and foresight to anticipate complications and squash them before they become issues. I like creating stories that aren't too outlandish, and I also like creating stories that coincide with the releasing of new content, like booty island or the adding of the no-cut zone.

I'm unbias, I have barely any friends on the server. I've demonstrated, by winning the raffle island, that I'm more interesting in giving back to the server than lining mine or my friends pockets. On the test server, I've shown my familiarity with commands, despite it being years since I've been a staff member on a server. I'm also good at decorating, but it's taking me awhile to get my sea legs back on that one. I'm a realist, I'm competent, I know how much time and resources it takes to run a server, I'm calm, I'm level headed, and I'm well spoken. I'm studying political science and public relations, so I have a good understanding of how to run a tight ship, what to say, and when to say it.

Hours per week you are available: 20-40

#1 Server Wide Quest:

• Quest Name: Saving Booty Island
    • Storyline: Explained in the spoiler tag below.
    • Antagonist(s): Invaders
    • NPCs involved with the quest: Lord British, etc
    • Quest Steps (go here, kill this and that): Clearing booty island, building up the defenses, etc.
    • Possible Rewards: Instead of random handouts to however has the most bank sitting characters, hand outs would be given at events. Rares would be given based on participation.
    • Average Completion Time: Weeks

Sunday #1 - Sea Battle
    Stage One: Lord British calls the citizens of Britannia to Booty Island. An unknown enemy was spotted off the coast. Players who arrive on the island that day are given a blessed, colored, and named ship (decoration handout) that becomes an unusable ship after 24 hours. Players can use their ship to go out in the water and fight off the enemy.

Stage Two: The invaders come ashore and open portals, engulfing the island. The temples, caves, and ships on the island have higher respawn rates and higher difficulty monsters.

Stage Three: Once the garrison on Booty Island is sufficiently cleared, Lord British calls for the citizens to gather again, and announces the event for the summer. Spawners are activated that create new hunting grounds, primarily focused in the temple and ship areas.

Sunday #2 - Defending the Garrison
    Stage One: Lord British announces the "Lord's Tournament" to recruit guards for the new guard zone on Booty Island. Those skilled in combat are asked to participate in the tournament, and defenders are called to defend the garrison on Booty Bay in their absence.

Stage Two: The unknown enemy's spies discover this plot to recruit guards and unleash an invasion on the garrison. A point of bloodshed appears that grants Factions a received bonus in faction points for kills and have no stat/skill loss on Booty Island during this event, as factions compete for the glory of saving Booty Island.

Stage Three: Lord British thanks the citizens as the invasion is warded off and the guard zone is established.

Sunday #3 - Building the Garrison
    Stage One: Lord British calls for the infrastructure on Booty Island to be built up, allowing the donation of armor, weapons, wood, iron, and spell scrolls to be collected. Houses on Booty Island that are empty and empty customization plots become condemned.

Stage Two: Players will donate resources to build a two sided moongate that goes from Britain Bank to Booty Island, a banker, stables, provisioner, and mage camp. A point of bloodshed appears that grants Factions a received bonus in faction points for kills and have no stat/skill loss on Booty Island during this event, as factions compete for the glory of saving Booty Island.

Sunday #4 - Discovering the Plot
    Stage One: Lord British calls for aid at his castle, as one of his lead detectives is assassinated. An item is discovered that links the assassination to the invaders on Booty Island. Lord British calls for the enemy strongholds on Booty Island be searched for clues. A point of bloodshed appears that grants Factions a received bonus in faction points for kills and have no stat/skill loss on Booty Island during this event, as factions compete for the glory of saving Booty Island.

Stage Two: The Strongholds on Booty Island (the caves, temples, and ships) are raided for clues that lead to the discovery of the enemy and their plot. Lord British announces the culprits and their plans.

Stage Three: An unstable eruption of energy creates a time rift on the island, creating a new (and larger) champion spawn. At the end of this champion spawn, non-faction players are rewarded for damage to monsters, and faction players receive rewards based on the faction points acquired during the event.

Stage Four: A hooded mage appears at the garrison on Booty Island. The mage has a quest for adventurers to find relics on the island (rewarded from killing the new spawn or a random chance to obtain in pack on faction kills) that gives the player gold and a small chance at new rare items. The mage is asking for relics to attempt to repair the time rift, once the mage gets enough relics, his attempt to repair fails, and the time rift explodes and the quest starts again. Kind of like how the capture the flag events work, but it should require enough relics to where the event cant happen more than once every three to five days.​

#2 Individual Quest:
    • Quest Name: Assisting the Curator
    • Storyline: Increased tensions between factions have caused the curator of the royal brittanian museum to scramble to collect artifacts. The curator of the royal museum of Britannia has heard rumors of enchanted artifacts, you'll assist him in the investigation of these rumors. This weekly quest will send players to 1 out of 10 possible NPC's, and will assist them in finding the item. Upon returning the lost item to the curator, it will be removed from the pack and he'll politely thank you and say that he owes you a favor in the future.
    • Antagonist(s): Factions
    • NPCs involved with the quest: The curator, UOF specific mobs, and NPCs
    • Quest Steps (go here, kill this and that): Visit NPC, they'll have to find an item in an area or kill a mob for an item, etc.
    • Possible Rewards: Completing this weekly quest will reward points, and a Treasures of Tokuno-like gump will appear when you ask for your favor to be returned. It will allow you to select from stealable rares & new rares, some more valuable than others.
    • Average Completion Time: An hour

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
    24 people like this.
  4. asics

asics Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia
    Application

General
    • Name: Fabio
    • Character Name: Iltamatore - Florencia
    • Tell us why you think you'd make a good staff member for Ultima Online: Forever: i have passion for this game and focus for pvm related things and event
    • Hours per week you are available: depends on the week\month, but almost everyday.
    Server-Wide Quest (Please submit long quests as a document file)
    • Quest Name: The Cursed Temple
    • Detailed Storyline: sorry for my bad english first*:

One day a survivor come to britain..hes dirty and looks tired..someone ask him what happened.. hes the only survivor from a fail naval exploration..he talk with confusion about what happened to all the ppl around him..

he talk about a treasure..about a secret temple..that they tried to discover with an old treasure maps..but they got defeated..and all his crew now..is dead..from some curse..
    He said that other pirates can have some information about the place ..because they werent the only that were looking to find the temple and the treasure of course.

When you find other pirates, and defeat them you can get coordinates\map and find the location where our surivor crew is dead..cause u need a key or something like that to enter.

Then u can enter Grotto Dungeon (completely revamped?)..and u can find the Galleon of the survior..but the crew and his captain..arent dead.. they are an Undead crew, and they have Undead Pirates and his Undead Captain (boss) that the curse make them..like zombies.. after a long fight..the "goods" win and the Captain have in the loot the map to find the secret Cursed Temple..

to arrive in the secret spot you must create a big crew, and own some galleon, to make that , some crafter must get resource * optional
    the secret Cursed temple can be in Booty Island, and is a temple owned and defended by some "mayan" style tribals.. some with spears..and tribal mask , some liutenenant, some mage..they defend that place for millenium..cause the island is something legendary..and there are secret and hidden spot..and rare\precious things that the island hidden from the day 0..

after long fights finally you arrive to the door of the temple..but two big dragon statue..become alive..two big black dragon that are not overpowered, but they still strong, and try to stop your walk to the temple..when defeated.. the Old Shaman of the Tribe of Cursed temple..will show (his the boss) and fight you..

** if you wanna make it longer**

the Old Shaman defeat everyone easy, but everyone hear a strange voice from the deep of the forest.. is an Elder Druid that can explain you how to beat the Shaman.. he will give everyone a special hued cloak (blessed-for everyone in remember of the quest) that will protect you from the instakill spell of the shaman..but you have to help him to find back the 5 Magic Mount of the Booty island, tame that and give to him, if you dont give to him the mounts will die after few u have tamed it (you cannot hkeep them for u..maybe after the quest, with a rare spawn they will become avaiable)

- a Ice blue Horse
    - a red Nightmare
    - A brown giant beetle
    - a Charcoal Death Beetle
    - A light brown Lama

this mount will be in spawn with numerous monsters around..and maybe minibsoss.. that trapped them in some prisons\ruins\fort

after u give back to him all his creatures he give to everyone the cloak, and to the 5 "tamer" a special hue Bear\Deer Mask in sign of friendship..

then the group go back to the Old shaman and finally defeat him..after him summon infernal creatures..to protect the temple..and his hidden treasures!

• Antagonist(s): Captain of Undead Pirate Crew, Old shaman of the Tribe of the Cursed temple
    • NPCs involved with the quest: The Only Survivor, the Elder Druid
    • Quest Monsters: Undead Pirates, Skeleton knight revamped, ghoul,wraith - tribals
    • Quest Locations: Grotto Dungeon and Booty island (Or another oisland instead booty)
    - go near grotto and find other pirate, kill them and get the maps\key to enter the grotto dungeon
    - enter grotto and defeat undead crew and his capitain to get information about the cursed temple
    - find the temple and fight all the tribals..and the two dragon guardians
    - be killed by the shaman boss
    - complete the sub-quest of the Elder druid that help you , and get the cloak
    - go back to the shaman boss

• Possible Rewards:
    • From Druid: Special Mask Beer\Deer - Robe - sandals greenish - lantern
    • From Undead Pirate Captain - buccaners hat, sash and boots - kilt - fancy shirt - special hue greyshi
    • From the Final boss- Robe, Tribals, sandals special hue darkish - shyte aesteic only
    • For top scorer: maybe the special mounts

• Event Completion Time: 2-4 hours?

Individual Quest (Please submit long quests as a document file)
    • Quest Name: The Ancestral Pentagram
    • Storyline: the ancient sage is an npc that will ask you to collect or kill for him something especial.. one time you do you go back to him and he will give you a part 1 of 9 of a pentagram. when you collect 9 of 9 part of pentagram you can get a prize, pentagram are different rarity and different kind
    example: red pentagram 1 to 9 piece, blue pentagram 1 to 9, green, yellow, ecc, 1 is really rare, 2-3 rare, 4-5-6 normal -7-8-9 commons
    • Antagonist(s): every job that he ask have a Timer..so the time is the only antagonist in this.
    • NPCs involved with the quest: The Ancient Sage : he will tell you what kill or collect
    exampleA : go kill 10 balron in 10minutes
    exampleB: bring me 10 blood red sandals\bloody bandages
    exampleC: bring me 10 Ogre\Ettin Statuette
    ExampleD: bring me 100 Skill Scroll of sword
    ExampleE: bring me 10 Charcoal Bod Cloths
    ExampleF: brin gme 100 Diamonds
    ExampleG: bring me 105-110 powerscrolls

(YES this work as an uge SINK for everything too)
    • Possible Rewards: one time you fill your pentagram he open a gate with a MINI RDA or to a fort-ruins with a Miniboss..if you defeat it you can have a list of various prize (wereables, decos, runics for bow, various)..but beware..other player may takeover it!
    • Average Completion Time: can be really nice, cause player can exchange piece of pentagram with other player to complete theirs.. we can goldsink crap..and this can be forever..

26 people like this.
  5. Starnite

Starnite Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014

Title Name: Unstoppable

A hooded figure walks across the southwest bridge into Britain. As he walks past the citizens of Britain a chill comes over the good folks. He never looks up at the people but he knows they are watching him. The hooded figure walks at a steady pace, as he passes the bank even the guards look at him with an uneasy feeling. Some of the citizens of Britian over hear the guards whispering about the hooded figure and that they are very worried about what is fixing to happen. Some of the good citizens watch him as he walks past but are unable to get a good look at his face due to the man looking down and the hood covering his face. The figure never stops and finally reaches Blackthorn's castle. He looks back at the path he had walked and smiled widely because he could fill the uneasiness of all the folks that had saw him. He turns and walks across the bridge grinning all the way into the castle because he knows what is soon to come.
    Weeks have past and a call goes out across the lands. A new CHAOS leader has come and he is calling all the chaos guild leaders and the best crafters to come and visit him at the castle. He knows that every since his dad past away (Lord Blackthorn) that the chaos guilds have not fought united. That changes today. He knows that if the Chaos guilds unite they will be unstoppable. Come one....come all..... A new Chaos Leader has come forth and plans to lead his people to victory.
    For the past several weeks, several shady people have been visiting the fine town of Britain. Lord Brit has doubled the guards around town in hopes that it will keep the peace to the town and lands around Britain. Some of the guards recognize several of the leaders from various guilds. They know they are some of the deadest people in all the lands. The guards report daily to Lord Brit of all they see happening around the huge city. Lord Brit continues to tell the guards to remain calm that the leaders of these guilds have done nothing and that this will all pass soon. The guards love and follow their great leader and thus do as he asks.
    The man could hardly stay on his horse from wind blowing so furious. Dust kept blowing into the man's eyes that they began to burn. As the man approached Britain he could barely see 10 feet in front of him. He was hoping that there were not many townsfolk out this early in the morning that way he would not be stopped on his way to his destination. As luck was not on his side, he was stopped several times by different townsfolk asking him if he wanted to buy their wares or food. At one point he almost drew out his sword and ran it through one of the townsfolk for running up to him and just begging for money. It was not the point he was begging that got to him, but the fact that he touched him. The man finally reached the bridge to his destination. He looked up at the sun because of how hot it was this morning. All he could think of was if he had his way it was going to get alot hotter real soon for all the town folks of Britain. He walked across the bridge and entered the castle smiling of what was soon to come.

PVP
    1. Any Chaos member can carry the shield and if they are wearing Chaos armor then their AC is 1.5 x better than the best magic armor. (The more Chaos armor you have on, the better your AC)
    2. Chaos members carrying a spell book(mage) or weapon(dexxer) AND the Chaos shield can hit an Order guild member for up to 1.5x more than normal.

Crafters
    Crafter must be at 120 skill to craft Chaos armor/weapons.
    Chaos crafters are attackable by Order guild members.
    Crafters can also make a Chaos cannon to place on a Chaos members ship/house to attack Order members as well. (special perk) the cannon has an endless amount of ammo and can be set to auto fire at Order members or not.

I have not played in a few months now due to moving and new job. Just wanted to post something to the dev team on a possible new story line possibility.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
    2 people like this.
  6. Blaine the Gypsy

Jan 17, 2013
    Blaine the Gypsy
    Oops my vote was not correct

2 people like this.
  7. andomin

Nov 13, 2013
    Voting for myself because I'm confident in my abilities, yet also losing. ;)

8. Call me Caitlyn

Call me Caitlyn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2015
    @asics as he understands the importance of rare items and expanding content

2 people like this.
  9. Kael

Kael Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    @Blaine the Gypsy as he understands it isn't just all about rare pixels...more about enjoying game play without huge demands on staff time. Hopefully allowing them to work on newer content .

2 people like this.
  10. andomin

Nov 13, 2013
    Honestly I feel like some of the stuff proposed isn't realistic. You have to evaluate new content from a balance perspective, ie not releasing a ton of rares, or unbalanced rares. But you also have to evaluate the kind of content you're trying to push and make sure that it isn't exceedingly difficult to script.

I think most players want consistent invasions and PvP events like CTF. Yet they also want story telling events every so often. You just need to have a little bit of creativity, not only with the story being told, but how you execute that story in game. It wouldn't be advantageous to take up too many developer resources for events that'll last a week, when we can allocate their time to new content that'll last months. So it's a matter of being creative, telling a story, engaging players, without having Adam and the rest of the team have to make a boss that shits ice cream which turns into faeries.

11. asics

asics Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia
    Sure is not all about rare pixel. But when ppl invest lot of time in an event is nice to give them something back..olso rare things stimolate market and trades.. And they are a target for old players.. Never thougt about making just pixel.havving fun is the first thing

2 people like this.
  12. Call me Caitlyn

Call me Caitlyn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2015
    If u don't vote @asics , you're racist!!

2 people like this.
  13. Weland

Weland Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Gortimar Weland; Gaven Silversong
    I vote for Blaine, he already has created a lot of useful guides and always respectful when people ask for help. Also he might bring some extra love to the crafting portion of the game.

14. asics

asics Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia
    Of course
    Crafting need a lot of love

2 people like this.
  15. Blaine the Gypsy

Jan 17, 2013
    Blaine the Gypsy
    Win or lose I'll still do what I do with this community.

5 people like this.
  16. asics

asics Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia
    Its what we always try to do ;)

17. andomin

Nov 13, 2013
    If I became an event manager, I'd reach out to people like Blaine and Asics, and allow some of their stories to come to life. I'd also work with other players to help some player ran events take form. Even if I don't become an event manager, I'll still be doing auction house events and bagball stadium events! :)

2 people like this.
  18. asics

asics Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia
    Co operazion is always a good thing

2 people like this.
  19. Blaine the Gypsy

Jan 17, 2013
    Blaine the Gypsy
    I just want to feel what Ultima has to offer past and future. I'm not going to troll for votes. Have a good day.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
    3 people like this.
  20. Shortbus

Shortbus Moderator Staff Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Shortbus, Jacob Scallywag
    I heard there was gonna be punch and pie???