double strike good?

Sparhawk

Grandmaster
Wow I'd be curious to hear any con's about it. Well, it'd be nice if it proc'ed at far archer range but, really it's just a plain good dps improver. Short cooldown and procs often. If your in there doing damage, why not do a little bit more?

Delvorin

Grandmaster
I was wondering if it worth buy at all? I heard some people dislike it

Only con I see is when doing champs and fighting at the low levels with high damage slayer weap, the double strike would activate but no extra damage done since you one shot so much. But that's a poor excuse not to get double strike. it's amazing and fun to see double damage when it procs. If you don't have tread yet, that's also very much worth it and at lvl 10, is better than double strike in most cases. Only time you wouldn't tread is if you don't want the monster aggroing on you.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Double Strike is super expensive but you'll never regret having it. It's 100% passive so you never have to think about it.

Tread is better, though. Nothing like putting out up to 300 damage to start a fight (and then your double strike procs right as you tread).

Game becomes alot more fun when you stop caring about return value and more about winning objective based goals. Maybe it will take years of farming to have a ds pay for itself but it's oddly satisfying being able to crush spawns and bosses faster so you and your friends can finish these objectives in a more timely fashion. That being said ds is one of those relics that you will see a difference in doing this so imo it's very much worth the cost

Xiulan

Master
I just got my tread recently so I don't know what it's like at the higher levels, but what I've seen so far is that it's very slow to level... only activates when you're at 100% stam and since I have to disarm my weapon to chug refresh pots I'm not often at 100%. Also, you have to carry so much stuff in your pack for it to activate and then it's trickier to farm gold. Whereas double strike procs all the time and you don't have to do anything special to make it go off. So I'd say DS is definitely the best. Tread would be better if leveling it lowered the stam threshold but I'm guessing it doesn't.

Last edited:

Ludwig

Grandmaster
I just got my tread recently so I don't know what it's like at the higher levels, but what I've seen so far is that it's very slow to level... only activates when you're at 100% stam and since I have to disarm my weapon to chug refresh pots I'm not often at 100%. Also, you have to carry so much stuff in your pack for it to activate and then it's trickier to farm gold. Whereas double strike procs all the time and you don't have to do anything special to make it go off. So I'd say DS is definitely the best. Tread would be better if leveling it lowered the stam threshold but I'm guessing it doesn't.

Frankly, almost everyone macros Tread (and even Doublestrike but that's mostly just to reduce the cooldown). And you should macro it, too. It is god awful to level past...oh, 3, but it REALLY starts paying off around level 6 and it's an absolute powerhouse. You can easily dish out over 500 damage with just a katana in one second when you have Tread/Doublestrike around level 9. And, if you're running axes, yeah, being two handed is a serious drawback. I dropped LJ in favor of Arms Lore, personally, and so I could use katanas.

Doublestrike is better at first but Tread is much, much better after you've leveled it up. I just carry around ore, by the way, to hit 300+ stones for Tread. It's worthless enough that you can just drop it on the ground when you need to make room for loot.

Another benefit to Tread is that it lets you go toe to toe with monsters that hit very, very hard. Hanging around and hoping your Double Strike procs when you're getting hammered for 40 damage sucks but having a guaranteed 300 damage on a mob that you can then quickly run away from is clutch.

DocOp

Adept
So what's the price range of double strike and or tread relics? I'm only a thousandaire and I see posts of people selling but they always say 'contact me in pm'. I'm not about to message someone to find out it's millions

Sparhawk

Grandmaster
So what's the price range of double strike and or tread relics? I'm only a thousandaire and I see posts of people selling but they always say 'contact me in pm'. I'm not about to message someone to find out it's millions
If it's end game content, it's always scarce and therefore milz

girana

Grandmaster

double strike 8-9m
tread 5-6m

ee am Dat

Adept
Prices have lowered recently. Been seeing ds go for 5 to 7. It's definitely worth it nappa. I even dropped resist for archery to make it lvl 10 as fast as possible.

Xiulan

Master
Last year double strike was in the double digits, prices are definitely getting better but it's still something you need to save up for.

Streets

Grandmaster
Wow I'd be curious to hear any con's about it. Well, it'd be nice if it proc'ed at far archer range but, really it's just a plain good dps improver. Short cooldown and procs often. If your in there doing damage, why not do a little bit more?

Wait so it does not proc for archery? I though there was just a exp penelty was fine once leveled?