1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DoS attacks, connection issues.

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Jul 28, 2016.

1. shirtandpantsman

shirtandpantsman Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2015
    shirtandpantsman
    haven't played in months and the weekend I come back I'm dying every 5 mins while I can't move... just watching an earth elemental slowly kill me

edit: i was able to kill the earth elemental several logins later, so that's good

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
    4 people like this.
  2. DubeeAshtray

DubeeAshtray Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Dubee
    xXkuruptXx
    Po boy
    Murder Counts Are Damn Near Impossible To Macro Off With This Laa aaa aaagg! Cant Even Get Murder Count's In This Terrible Condition.

4 people like this.
  3. Caso

Caso Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2016
    michael Caso
    I gave up. Logging for weekend.

That bloody transgenda who use to play here is really determined to try and destroy this shard. I guess turning its penis into a vagina is an expensive exercise so he's trying to cut in on Shane's lunch.

4. Derwolf

Derwolf Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    its not ddos attacks, its the new server's "network" issues that have been going on for a week+. Can we at least try out a new host? i think the majority of the server would agree the new host isn't working out

2 people like this.
  5. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    I opened up the ticket again, it takes awhile for them to reply as it does with some hosts.

We know what we are doing, and the lag spikes here/there are FAR better than 20 minutes of unbearable lag/disconnections straight every 2 hours on the clock or non stop null routing. We know at times there are the odd spikes here/there and it's simply their network hiccups- complaining about it here really just doesn't help. Also double bonus day all day tomorrow for those who have had issues connecting etc. I also plan on doing a handout sometime soon.

A new host won't do much, this host has the best mitigation (who doesn't fucking lie about it and go against their contract), and also they do not null route.

We've been to well over 30 different hosts in our time now and it's a fucking sad sight out there. The entire hosting company scene is a fucking sham, scamming people over and over and over. It's just crazy. We will take suggestions of some new hosting solutions if you wish, but i am personally tired of throwing away thousands over the course of a couple weeks to get absolutely no where.

For now, this is the solution and it's worked far better than anywhere else. Also no one seems to be posting their pings, like pat said i also have had ZERO issues with this new host. Yes some odd lag times here/there but nothing unbearable or even remotely comparable to the previous 4 weeks.

4 people like this.
  6. Dabasarous rexx

Dabasarous rexx Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    O.0
    I'm just fishing away

7. Caso

Caso Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2016
    michael Caso
    Australian players ping horribly here. Gone from 250-300 to 400ish average since new host. That's an aussie posting ping :p

8. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    This is really weird cause when we first got the server up adn the host wasn't having issues all the aussies LOVED this host.

I'll ask the host about this as well. TY

9. Caso

Caso Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2016
    michael Caso
    Thanks! All my aussie guildies from other areas of Australia are currently having breaks, so can't speak for all of them.

10. drasked

drasked Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2015
    My base ping has improved from 120 to 90... that's where the fun stops.

I get constant ping spikes to 220-500 ms, this something that is going on 95% of the time and makes the game unplayable for me. I have ran programs like ping plotter for extended periods of time and they do not show me this problem, i get stable 90 ms latency.

Perhaps pinging login.uoforever.com is not a good representation of latency during play... i don't know, but there is definitely something seriously wrong.

6 people like this.
  11. Baby Blue

Baby Blue Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Couldn't agree more. It really doesn't matter what you ping as long as in game ping spikes to 300-500 ms all the time.

2 people like this.
  12. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Lord Puffy
    This is excatly the issue I'm having, although my ping went up and not down. Not really that much of an issue, I just get the constant spikes of 300-500 (by constant I mean every few mins to the point of freezing and dieing if Im in combat with something)

I understand you guys are doing whatever you can to correct this. Im just giving you guys some feedback so you do know that it is a real problem and its not just a couple people. Im in EQMS and as people love to say, we have the "largest" guild, alot of people are having the same issues as me.

My current ping to the server is anywhere from 50-500 (I get an average of 160-260 normally) I cant speak for everyone else but alot of others havnt been playing because of this and the occasional crashes.

I hope the host gets it figured out, was looking forward to putting in some hours today to take advantage of the double everything day.

How many others are having this issue? Maybe post and let staff know how many of us are experiencing this so Shane can get a better idea of how long to stick it out with this host.

6 people like this.
  13. UOplayer

UOplayer Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Houston Texas area ping 110 to 428 .. MY average changes in the high 200s . This is double or triple for me, but the spikes are what causes the real problems and it is constant .

14. UOplayer

Mar 1, 2015
    One thing to mention ... the PKERS in the EQMS guild seem to be unaffected ...

I think as for me and I can only speak for me ... The host in Texas was best..

I cannot play at all now, I ping to 500ms I live above Houston, I will miss the DBL exp and handouts I was on vacation and wanted to level my meta unfortunately that's not the case.

So far I have been pked and lagged killed by both at the same time a few times this morning.

I will do as usual when I feel things are out of whack I drop out for awhile .. I hope the server thing gets fixed it is a good thing Shane does with this game.

15. Derwolf

Derwolf Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014

"pker" from eqms here, we are definitely affected by the lag. i was put in 2 day stat last night because of the crashes. not even going to bother with double xp or playing until they switch hosts

16. Dabasarous rexx

Dabasarous rexx Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2016
    O.0
    Think this is the first time I didn't crash overnight while logged in ( holy shit ) now to test what mY ms trys to do while using a boat/running around.

17. Rikket_The_Rogue

Rikket_The_Rogue Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Rikket
    It's a lil scary when the screen freezes and that balron is walking his slow ass up to me, but it's better than not being able to play at all. =D

18. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    We made some edits to the server and our host changed some things.

Yeah we did some fixes last night with the host and changed some settings so this would explain that.

2 people like this.
  19. Nakor

Nakor Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Nakur
    Pug
    Nakor
    Roo Avery
    Jimmy theHand

Now if someone could give me a noob tutorial on getting Sallos running I might get to play today.

2 people like this.
  20. UOplayer

Mar 1, 2015