1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disabling Razor/Steam Autocure and Poison Checks

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Staff, May 5, 2014.

1. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    Just a heads up to people,

For the time being, we have disabled the poison checking functionality in steam/razor. It has come to our attention that there are a some people on the server running around with an auto cure steam macro. We are also trying to combat pot kicking at this time.

These are not scripts we want used on our server. Instead of trying to police them, we would rather script around them or disable what we can. If you have any input, please let me know. This isn't a final say on the matter but more an experiment on what we can get away with disabling.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. Sobz

Sobz Master

Dec 2, 2013
    Doesn't bother me since i don't do it so fair enough! :)

3. NoXXeD

NoXXeD Grandmaster

Mar 13, 2013
    This sucks, When 2v2 or just fighting in general, your heal goes away when someone is poisoned kinda messed up.

4. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    Autocuring is why we have disabled poison checks.

2 people like this.
  5. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    Thank you for the constructive post and the affirmation of our decision!

6. Adramelech

Adramelech Master

Feb 6, 2013
    Are people genuinely upset that they can't have a program do something for them? Isn't pvp supposed to be about skill anyhow? Having a program automate spells and functions for you =/= to skill. Keep this permanent.

2 people like this.
  7. keystonian123

keystonian123 Master

Apr 20, 2013
    Experience Auto-Cure is a dueling tactic specifically. When someone casts poison you hold down your auto cure hotkey and once the poison hits the spell casts so instantly that the only chance to possibly interrupt it is with a perfectly timed punch. It has little to do with field fighting as cure potions are typically involved in field fighting.

Great change overall. People are going to freak out when they realize mini heal/cure hot key will only work for mini heal now.:p

If you are worried about being poisoned while afk macroing you can easily get past the if poisoned by adding IF: HP < a certain amount depending on your total HP to do the necessary steps to cure. In theory while afk macroing the only thing that will be poisoning you is the poisoning skill so your health should be full at all times. If it drops at all it is because you poisoned yourself or you're getting beat down and going to die anyways. If I were to take the time to poison an afk macroer I would just as easily ebolt them to death real quick as i know my poison is going to wear off if I just trot away.

2 people like this.
  8. Drake Roberts

Drake Roberts Grandmaster

Aug 13, 2013
    Re-ban steam. Everyone knew that steam could do these things and much much more, when it was first made legal on this server months ago.. From auto-looting corpses to fully scripted pvp... It is ridiculous..

2 people like this.
  9. blackbeltjones

blackbeltjones Grandmaster

Aug 17, 2013
    I agree with Drake, but if this doesn't get fixed can i get the scripts? Thanks.

10. Drake Roberts

Aug 13, 2013
    Great, then there should be no more crying if they ban steam again.

"It has come to our attention that there are a some people on the server running around with an auto cure steam macro"

The scripts that can be written for steam are far more advanced than anything you can make for razor. They are not on the same level at all. Please take your own advice next time, before posting. The auto cure is actually just one of the many ridiculous scripts you can have running through steam.

2 people like this.
  11. keystonian123

keystonian123 Master

Apr 20, 2013
    Drake is correct on this 100% the macro on razor is nowhere near the steam one. On the steam one you can literally hold the key down and it will cast cure and target self immediately without releasing once the poison hits. With the razor macro if you make one like, if poisoned macro cast cure target self, you must release the key in order for it to activate thus causing there to require "timing". Which is the whole point of casting spells in general "timing". By holding a key stroke down the entire time and having it all happen at once requires nothing.

If you attempt to equate the miniheal/cure button to the steam macro you would also be off because it does in no way compare to the steam one. If you hold down miniheal/cure button it will actually attempt to cast heal over and over till you are poisoned thus also requiring timing to press the button once the poison is initiated.

3 people like this.
  12. aIck

aIck Grandmaster

Apr 3, 2013
    *yawns*

13. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    i use f3 to cast the cure spell, always have
    number 3 drink cure potion
    works well enough, its sad people are too lazy to even press those
    im sure we'll see who's laziness has made them soggy like wet spahgetti now!
    +1 improvments!

14. Radar

Radar Neophyte

Mar 4, 2014
    I will always support disabling any feature in, or disabling altogether, any 3rd party program. +1.

8 people like this.
  15. Drakken Payne

Drakken Payne Adept

Jul 23, 2013
    Ban Razor too. Let's quit *****-footing around and play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Of course, if you did that, a lot of people would likely quit.

16. Drake Roberts

Aug 13, 2013
    I haven't had light filters since before I stopped playing, months ago. I use razor but I honestly wouldn't care if they banned it too... I myself am more concerned with all aspects of pvp and pvm being completely automated, from the looting of the corpse to the pots being insta picked up and kegged. I really don't care if crafters are eliminating tedious bs.. I think everyone is more concerned with the auto loot, automated everything pvp/pvm. You would see a lot less people playing alchey stun mages if they didn't have steam throwing perfectly timed expl pots for them..

17. Drakken Payne

Drakken Payne Adept

Jul 23, 2013
    I'd be more concerned with people using EUO and whatever other illegal programs than people using Steam.

I've played with Razor and Steam, and I haven't come across any real advantage Steam has over Razor. Everything I've tried to do in Steam I can do in Razor, it's just that it's much more of a pain in the ass to do in Razor. In fact, the only thing I'm aware of that could be done in Steam that couldn't be done in Razor was a looting macro, and I'm not sure that it couldn't be done in Razor...but that's been resolved now anyway, as I understand it.

I honestly don't see why anyone still uses the piece of shit that Razor is, and if I'm forced to go back to using it I'll find another game to play besides UO...again. I would rather play without any 3rd party programs than be forced to use Razor. As a matter of fact, I've said before, and on more than one occasion, that they should do away with both programs aside from using them to log in with.

2 people like this.
  18. Bromista

Bromista Grandmaster

Apr 12, 2013
    Basically what needs to happen is staff needs to see what flube is using and disable that. After fighting him about six times last night it just made me realize how sick I am of fighting someone who is both good at PvP AND uses bullshit potkickers.

Makes you wonder why people insist on not challenging themselves, like what's the fucking point?

19. Drake Roberts

Aug 13, 2013
    You can run the game without any 3rd party programs, you realize that right..? If Razor was the only thing allowed, like how it was back in the day, when the server was new, you could still run the game without using razor... and you realize that you are the one who suggested banning all 3rd party programs.. right? No one would be forcing you to play the game using razor... and that is how you yourself started playing this server... without steam... just with razor allowed.

20. Drakken Payne

Drakken Payne Adept

Jul 23, 2013
    I know that you're just trying to be cute when you say that. You know full well that I mean disable it completely, aside from the ability to log in, for everyone. Remove both Steam and Razor from the equation. But as I stated previously, a lot of people would likely quit and go play somewhere else.