1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changes to Poison effective April 13, 2014

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Bryce, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Bryce

Bryce Adept

Mar 31, 2014
    Below are a list of changes we've made regarding Poisoning skill:

-Effective April 13, 2014 the poisoning skill when used in conjunction with applicable weapon skills will now offer a 33% chance to inflict whichever poison is currently applied to the weapon (down from 60%).

-Each successful hit that fails to inflict Deadly Poison will result in a 50% chance to consume the poison charge on the applied weapon.

-Greater Cure potions now have an 80% chance to cure Deadly Poison. This change should bring some viability to Nox Mage templates, and to off-set the above change to weapon application chances.

-Nox Mages: When the sum of Magery and Poisoning is 200.0 skill value (100 magery and 100 poisoning), they will have a 70% chance to apply Deadly Poison on cast when within 3 tiles of target, with a 90% chance to penetrate Resisting Spells. Outside of that 3-tile range, this penetration effect will not occur and only normal poison will be applied.

All changes are subject to modification based on community feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    8 people like this.
  2. Carl

Carl Guest

Please stay on topic, any derailment from this topic will result in a forum ban.

3. halygon

halygon Grandmaster

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Is this only if you have Deadly poison applied or is this with ANY poison. Also, is this in ADDITION to the applied poison chance?

4. MotownMackmo

MotownMackmo New Member

Mar 23, 2014
    What "Was" the percentage of inflicting DP before?

5. Kareem

Kareem Grandmaster

Aug 27, 2013
    Amen.

6. Kerigan(V&D)

Kerigan(V&D) Apprentice

Aug 15, 2013
    shouldnt be more like far away you are the lvl poison instead just lvl 1 for nox mage temp like 3 tiles give level 4 instead lvl 5 then 5 tiles lvl 3 ect ect?

6 people like this.
  7. Shane

Shane Guest

We lowered it a bit, not by much!

8. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    Fixed.

9. Kairus

Kairus Adept

Apr 15, 2013
    Poisoning was already overpowered... now two hander weapons suck even more i guess. nice that nox mage is viable now tho...

10. Spiffalot

Spiffalot Neophyte

Feb 4, 2014
    Nox mages just went from useless to overpowered. Have you tested this? I have a bad feeling...

11. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    We've tested it out but not on a large scale. It is something we can remove in a few minutes with a restart. So, if it turns out to be too overpowered, we'll just do the ol shutdown.

2 people like this.
  12. Bryce

Bryce Adept

Mar 31, 2014
    Please, in a constructive manner, explain why you think this is the case? We're more than open to feedback, but examples/scenarios are much more constructive.

G-Cure pots are still spammable for instance, they may have an 80% chance to cure the Deadly Poison, but are still spammable consumables.

13. Shane

Shane Guest

We will be rebooting here and doing a CTF to test some of these changes, we may need some tweaks, and it is impossible to please everyone on this subject. Poisoning is something that needed to be worked on for awhile now.

2 people like this.
  14. Lexington

Lexington Grandmaster

Feb 20, 2013

Sweet... i've been waiting a very long time :)

15. Lexington

Lexington Grandmaster

Feb 20, 2013

Booooo.......J/K.

Let’s give this a real try before we jump to the "it's going to be overpowered" just cause I don’t have this template.

16. Carl

Carl Guest

Too add distance from the person you are casting on is still a factor and we have no stamina loss so running still plays a major factor along with what Bryce stated about Cure pots.

17. Spiffalot

Spiffalot Neophyte

Feb 4, 2014
    It's incredibly easy to get within three tiles to target someone. being guaranteed that your poison is going to hit and having a reasonable chance of causing the cure to fail is deadly on a pretty serious scale. I am headed off to reconfigure my gm poisoning dexer as an alchy nox mage if this is really happening.

18. Bryce

Bryce Adept

Mar 31, 2014
    I'm sorry, seems you might have mis-read the numbers.
    A) You're not guaranteed to land the poison, it's a 90% chance.
    B) It will give the Cure a 20% chance to fail, as GCure pots have an 80% chance to successfully cure the poison.

19. Bromista

Bromista Grandmaster

Apr 12, 2013
    I applaud these changes and the divulgence of information/lack of transparency demonstrated in this thread.

20. Spiffalot

Spiffalot Neophyte

Feb 4, 2014
    Don't get me wrong, I am all for buffing some skills to get variety with mage builds. I just have a feeling you'll be nerfing this, haha. Have you guys thought about making o/c shields spellchanneling so parrymages are possible too?

2 people like this.