Chain or Plate?

Judok

Apprentice
Hey all. I am currently playing a melee (swords, tactics, parry, anat, healing, resist, and magery) with the defense talisman. I have 100 str/dex. Should I be using chain or plate? I remember when I played orginal UO at release, no one really wore plate. I am assuming people get concerned about the dex hit? I also remember not recovering mana through plate (at all). Is that the case? Thanks for the suggestions. I am liking the talisman addition. I dont play my bard or tamer anymore

StegcO

Grandmaster
I'm pretty sure both block mana reg, the only difference is AR and Dex Malus, have you tryied to test both solution? Just try and check your feeling.

P.S. defense talisman have xp malus if you wear less then 100 AR (not sure is 100)

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
Magic bone is a great option for cheap disposable armor. It breaks fast, but you won't be sad to loose it since it is cheap. With an invuln shield, you will be over 80 AR easy with 0 Dex loss (it is now 80 and not 100 not avoid the penalty on talisman). Complete with whatever gorget since there is no bone gorget...

Dragon scale is also a great choice, more durable and looks better, high AR and no Dex loss as well, just a bit more expansive