Best selling smithy armor

Jasen

Expert
I'm new to smithy crafting. I need some advice on what to craft to sell for best profit and armor with the highest demand. And what material(ore) type on armor sells the best. Thanks

Delvorin

Grandmaster
well, i sell iron dexxer suits (chain tunic and legs, closed helm, barbed gorget, ringmail gloves and sleeves). This gives no dex loss as opposed to plate armor. For what ingot color to use, it depends on price, look, and the AR. shadow seems to sell well and I had people put in orders for gold and valorite.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Well honestly there are SO MANY dexxer ar vendors now it sucks.
With that said however I use to put up all color sets on vendors and def the best sellers were in order of most to least: Shadow, Iron, Valorite.

norse helm
barbed/dragon gorget
chainmail tunic
chainmail leggings
ringmail sleeves
ringmail gloves

halygon

Grandmaster
Usually I just make Gankware LLC armor, which sells the best for me. :p

As far as armor types, barbed bone, barbed leather, and chain mail are your best bets. Use shadow iron for the chain. All of these sell well. Just look at my empty armor vendor.

SteelSexi

Master
Ya know.. it's funny. When If first came to this server, and I saw how many people had their own gm smiths and own crafters, I never thought I'd ever sell so many GM weapons and armor sets. I remember back in the old UO where standing at the Britain smith shop a GM smith could make a lot of sales just standing there as customers passed by either asking for GM stuff or for repairs.

But when I came here, and all I saw was 15 GM smiths there, no customers and all, I was like uh oh... selling goods as a GM smith will never happen here. I couldn't have been more wrong in my original assessment however. I'm already at a point where sometimes I sell smith armor sets and gm barbed sets faster then I can make it and stock it. I'm using over 5k barbed leather a week just making barbed leather sets, it's crazy.

People prefer dex sets, but now with the AR change, my full plate is picking up as well. Dex sets sell incredibly well, as do barbed leather sets. My top selling smith armor is in this order... Valorite, Iron, Gold, Shadow, Verite. I dunno, perhaps my vendor name helps me sell more valorite armor, but I sell a lot of vally sets.

Elvera

Grandmaster
If you ask me, dont make armors out of your precious ingots, keep them for filling bods...Work on other crafting skills to make gold..I ve never made a single armor except to help out the guildies..

Jasen

Expert
Wow I don't even know where to start this is all great information!! Maybe one of you can come to one of my houses and help me out