Best place for combat skill gains?

Hi (again) guys,

Is there a spot where you can just macro razor to attack target after target to gain in combat skills (i.e. fencing/swords/etc.).

I am pretty confident I can make a macro that will heal when attacked and once that creature is killed, fully heal and start on the next - the only issue is the grey spawn that wont constantly attack.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
I would macro on your second account's alt and cross-heal the alt. If you're working on a warrior and a stun/heal mage, for example, you can have the warrior stabs the mage and cross-heal him, and the mage punch and heal the warrior. This'll raise both their Healing, and their respective weapon skills (wrestling for the mage). This is the safest route. You can even do it in a town; you won't get the dungeon bonus gain, but I've picked up GM Fencing and Swords in about 3-3.5 hours in town. Just buy the skill up as high as you can from an NPC and go to town.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
If you aren't in a guild (where both parties are green), then yes. However, there IS a way around it using UO's antiquated flagging system. Follow these steps exactly (until you understand the system better):
For this example, I will be calling your characters Joe and Bob; interchange them accordingly.

-Do not have your characters in Party.

-Have Joe kill an animal or monster near town guards, and have Bob quickly loot it to become grey (skin the animal to flag if necessary).

-Have Joe immediately attack Bob, who is now grey. This will start the immediate 2-minute aggressor timer between Joe and Bob.

-Begin the training process, but be wary of others who might come by and kill Bob. Wait 2-minutes.

-After 2-minutes, Bob will go blue as normal from looting the kill (criminal flag will drop), BUT will remain grey to Joe (who resets the 2-minute AGGRESSOR timer every time he lands a blow).

-Go into town guards. So long as you attack (swing - whether it's a whiff or a hit doesn't matter) it will reset the 2-minute timer, keeping Bob grey to Joe since the initial attack, and Joe grey to Bob for being an aggressor.

-If for whatever reason one of them is blue, DO NOT ATTACK. You did something wrong and need to start from square one. After Bob becomes blue TO BOB (he will remain grey to Joe, so you need to check his criminal flag on Bob to see what others will see), you can enter town, use the bank, etc.

That's awesome. Going to do it now. So helpful!

Should I get them wearing about to reduce damage? Like plate or something?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
You can if you'd like. You'll probably need about 3-4 weapons each to GM on.
Fencing: daggers or pitchforks
Swords: butcher knives
Maces: wands or crooks
Archery: bow

All vendor bought so it's weak and doesn't do a lot of damage.