1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astral Projection and Planar Existence... The First Sign

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Discussion' started by Sir., Nov 14, 2017.

1. Sir.

Sir. Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Sir Rendlesham
    [​IMG]

Sir Rendlesham fell to his knees... It was a long trek in the wilderness he knew not, where the virtues told him to go. He felt the virtues guiding him, telling him to keep going until he could go no further. And so he did.

As his platemail greaves crashed onto the forest floor, and the weight of his armor pulled him down, yet its rigidness held him up, he pantingly took in the crisp night air through his nose, exhaling quick shallow breaths as his senses began to tingle. He reached for his pouch and buried a few reagents in the dirt as he spoke an unknown mantra that would summoned a wisp before him.

As his pace of breathe began to calm, still chanting the mantra, the orb fully manifested into the essence of a wisp. It began to speak, interrupting Sir Rendlesham as his head lifelessly fell backwards and his eyes rolled into the back of his head, completely numb and dulled of all senses. Suddenly, he felt himself begin to lift up from the earth. As he looked down, he could see himself still kneeling before the orb from about 10 feet above.

Sir Rendlesham began to feel weightless without his armor as he felt himself start to rise quickly and could see the forest for miles under the moonlight. He looked down to see the wisp following him up into the heavens at an increasingly rapid rate. He did not feel fear of any kind, however, but instead at peace and as if he was exactly where he always belonged. In an instant, he was far above Britannia looking down at what from such great heights appeared to be a planet before him he could reach out and lift with his own two hands, glowing with magic and life from its inhabitants and the universe that it gracefully swam through.

Taking in the unspeakable glory of the view, Sir Rendlesham's attention slowly turned to the wisp who was floating beside him in the firmament between the heavens and the earth below. It began to speak, yet Sir Rendlesham could understand every word it was saying...

It told him of the past, the present and the future of this world. It revealed ancient secrets and their truths, the vices of man and the virtues of their spirit. It shed unto him an infinite wisdom that seemed to make sense and held the credibility of all the honesty in Sosaria... The wisp then told Sir Rendlesham that it wanted to show him something, and as he nodded in agreement, they began to fly through the stars at a rate of speed that cannot be visually described. Planets, stars, colors and sensations rifted through his being as they traveled unknown distances in a place outside of the time and space that moongates travel.

Suddenly, everything slowed down very quickly and there they overlooked another world, one dark and red, smoggy and cruel, only it was not a planet, but more of a plane. Torment and torture were at the heart of this world, and yet it seemed to beckon Sir Rendlesham from the agony of his soul. He felt it ripping and gnashing for him, desiring his existence on it's flat surface... He looked to the wisp as it began to speak and explain to him what this world was. Images of its inhabitants began to flash through his mind, the likes of which tether themselves into the world of the living from the world of the damned and dead. They are neither living, nor dead, but walk among us no less...

In an instant, Sir Rendlesham felt himself being ripped backwards at speeds unimaginably faster than his trip to this place. He only had time to turn to see, again, Britannia coming into view as he rapidly smashed back into his body in a fraction of a second. As his soul slammed back into his body, he felt the force of its energy crashing back into axis with its vessel, causing him to spring up off of his knees and fall backwards onto his back. Opening his eyes and gasping for air, the first thing he saw was the stars above. Everything he witnessed, he remembered...

He was in a frantic state from all the wisdom and answers bestowed upon him in a few simple moments of an outer body experience, but as every second went on, he seemed to forget all that the wisp had told him. Eventually, as he struggled to make his way back to his Head-Quarters, he had forgotten everything except the image of the other world; the place of vice, sin, pain and worse...

By the end of his spiritual journey, all that remained in his mind was the image of that planar world and the words "Land of Mists"... but where was this place?.. who are we being warned about? Sir Rendlesham wrote down the words and sketched what he remembers to take to the local mage guilds to see what arcane knowledge they may have of this place.

[​IMG]

TO BE CONTINUED

.......​

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    RipGrip, Nappaca, MrParker and 8 others like this.
  2. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden

...an odd conversation in the Wildwood Tavern...

Avalon locks on to a memory, alternate planes of existence, suffering, torment.. Avalon shudders.. A memory, or a vision?

"Excuse me good sir.. While you've entirely distracted me from what I was doing, I think you may have brought about something very important... I must travel to the libraries of Britain at once, and consult with the elders. Good luck with your mundane chores!"
    checking that the map is safely in his robe, Avalon then reaches into his robe, and pulls out a bag with 50 gold coins, and tosses it on the table in front of Enoch. He then walks with urgency to the front of the tavern, and half way there utters the words Kal Ort Por

...searching for answers...

Avalon appeared on the steps of the Britain Royal Library, startling a vagrant peasant from his sleep. Rushing through the entrance, he immediately notices, and locks eyes with the Royal Archevist...

"
    Llewellyn, I need to speak with you at once.. Somewhere quiet?"

Llewellyn invites Avalon into his private study, and Avalon shares Sir Rendleshams' tale, and of that of his own memories/visions, and shows the scribbled map to the Archivist.

"I fear the worst... A friend of mine, a Knight, has had an out of body experience of sorts. With your knowledge of literature over the past hundred years, have you ever heard of anything called the Land of Mists?"

After much thought and deliberation, Llewellyn sends Avalon to Jhelom, in search of a book...

upload_2017-11-19_14-55-34.png

Sending whispers on the winds, Avalon calls his fellow mages to meet at the Jhelom Library, to help aid in the search.

Long into the night, the council of mages pours over books, scrolls and texts, unable to find what they were searching for. As they were nearing exhaustion, and close to giving up, Jibril the Scribe brings a couple more texts from a pile in the corner he'd yet to put away. Someone had recently been reading them.

upload_2017-11-19_14-56-31.png

At last, the text the Archivist had mentioned, and another, the Vampire of the Mists... The mages began to scribe their findings, and at last the council was dismissed, and Avalon was returning to his friend at the Knights HQ

...some helpful answers?...
    Avalon recalls in to the steps at the Knights HQ, and pounds a fist on the door.

"Please open up, I need to see Sir Rendlesham at once!"

After being led to a study, Avalon shares his findings with Sir Rendlesham.

"Our findings have revealed much information of interest. There was a volume on Dimensional Travel, that talked about permitting the passage of living flesh from place to place, world to world, or dimension to dimension. I feel Enoch would take a particular interest in this one. But alas it did not mention these Lands of Mists.. We were stumped, until we came across an ancient writ titled the Vampires of the Mists. There was a small excerpt that talked of beings which were neither living, nor dead, yet could walk amonst us. It spoke blood drinkers, and shades, from a place called the Demiplane of Dread, however it was oft referred to as the Land of Mists. A place may not be the right word for it, in fact, it was worded as a plane of existence between worlds.. one of suffering, purgatory and torment."

"Can this even be possible Sir Rendlesham? What does this mean?"​

Attached Files:

3. Sir.

Sir. Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Sir Rendlesham
    *Sir Rendlesham lets out a deep sigh, nodding slowly as he takes in all of this information discovered...*

"I was afraid ye might find somethin', m'friend. I had hoped t'were but a dream; a mere passing through the halls of illusions due to a lack of nourishment and exhaustion, but alas, it appears fasting brought forth spiritual visions afterall... It donned on me, whilst ye were obliging mine request to research this matter, that weeks ago we had a stranger pass by our HQ during a time of meeting and battle. An odd fellow, extremely pale skin, and it was ever since his "visit" I had began to feel the spirit of virtue begin pulling at me for days, that eventually led up to mine vision..."

[​IMG]
    image: knights asking the stranger to state his name and presence, and their reason for knowing

"And stranger still, this Vampiric talk; it's beginning to make sense... A few of our Knight Scouts along our borders on the Valley have been investigating recent livestock mutilations in Yew and reports of the same thing happening all over Britannia -- here's where it gets weird..."

*leans in a bit and with a softer tone, one eye squinting, he continues*

"These livestock all are missing various parts of their bodies, removed with surgical precision and are completely drained of all blood. Two puncture wounds at the neck show that this is where the blood was extracted. The missing body parts we speculate are reagents tied to a blood magic unknown to this world... which brings me to my next point..."

[​IMG]
    image: live RP on the spot - big thanks to the Harald from City for bumpin into me and playin along! Good RP sport right there!

*leans back and pulls a clay pipe from a satchel attached securely to his armored girdle, and gestures to Avalon to help himself if he smokes as he continues relaying his knights findings*

"It seems, as I recall, t'were a time when "strangers from other lands and stars" were not a common ting. Most were just farmers from Britain, or foresters from Yew.. Something has been happening o'er the years since the legend of Mondain and the Gem of Immortality. More and more moongates are crossing, or something, that is bringin' forth a rather large number of us "travelers".. Me thinks that there may be a reason for this as well, some sort of gathering of heroes; of avatars..."

*stokes his pipe as he ponders the thought for a moment*

"Now, we're nay sure if there are Nightwalkers among us, or if they be responsible fer all these cattle mutilations, or if there are other Vampiric minions doing these deeds for some cult-like extremists.. We're still scoutin' the field and gathering data from these reports. But somethin' tells me this land between lands; this Land of Mists - it has something to do with all of "us" travelers of the stars, and soon we'll find out. We must be prepared for anything, lad... I thank ye kindly fer the work ye've done thus far, and ask ye to relay these findings to the Trinsic Guard, and check yer livestock. We've begin stationing our Knights at the farms of Yew to catch the culprits. It may be wise for the coming winter Trinsic does the same, my friend."

-------------------------------------

TO BE CONTINUED

-------------------------------------

AreYouKidden, Nappaca and Steele'Dish like this.
  4. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden
    "A gathering of heroes, of avatars... Power begets power... I have a distant memory of those words being uttered to me once... Quite frankly, the thought is staggering. If heroes are gathering, then there must be those of equal or greater power gathering against our heroes.... This does not bode well.... I must talk to the Governess Skye, and the Commander Johnny at once.. Be safe my friend, you know where to reach us... "

Avalon moves towards the open doorway with haste, uttering the words Kal Ort Por and travels quickly to Trinsic to convene a meeting and put all of Trinsic on alert...

Nappaca and Sir. like this.