Archer Template

Deviath

Neophyte
Hey guys pretty new here trying to build an Archer that I can feel relatively safe farming around with, hoping to get some feedback on the template.

Anatomy - 100
Archery - 100
Arms Lore - 100
Healing - 100
Hiding - 60
Magery - 40
Resist Spells - 100
Tactics - 100

40 magery for quality of life
60 hiding presumably you can hide 100% with all leather armor on? so you can duck out when you see the writing on the wall

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Hey guys pretty new here trying to build an Archer that I can feel relatively safe farming around with, hoping to get some feedback on the template.

Anatomy - 100
Archery - 100
Arms Lore - 100
Healing - 100
Hiding - 60
Magery - 40
Resist Spells - 100
Tactics - 100

40 magery for quality of life
60 hiding presumably you can hide 100% with all leather armor on? so you can duck out when you see the writing on the wall

Hiding is not 100% unless you raise it to 100; maybe you are thinking of stealth? But even then 60 is only 100% if you don't wear armor at all.

If this is strictly PvM I would drop anatomy for meditation so you can be more liberal with your magic use; summons are great to have on an archer without provocation. Summons can be dispelled though by more powerful creatures ( if your summoned creature has resist though there is a good chance it might not be dispelled), but you'll sweep through medium level creatures (Liches, Lich Lords, most if not all monsters that doesn't use magic).
Healing won't cure poisons, and you can't rez without Anatomy, but it will still be a reliable heal for about 20~30 hit points. And it's nice to bandage, have potions, and use heal/G.heal all at the same time if shit hits the fan. Poisons you don't really want to cure via bandage anyways since potions are everywhere.
I recommend at least 50 INT for 8th Circle spells, Dex as high as possible to pluck that bow string fast. STR is honestly only of medium importance since in this build you don't want to be hit at all. This is obviously concern when it comes to murderers, but

1) I'm assuming this is a PvM template, and

2) Most reds won't fight 1v1 for fear of being killed and having their head turned in for stat/skill loss. On the rare occasion they do fight it often means they have a alt character waiting in back up so you can't take their head. While it's cheap as fuck, it's technically not against the rules. But that's splitting hairs if you ask me.

I like using stealth, but if you're going Arms Lore for the Talisman it should be fine. Since you're not using stealth you'll likely have a horse anyways, which is a nice touch.

Welcome to the shard. :)

Deviath

Neophyte
Well, I'm looking to make a fairly spartan pvm character that will survive the pk encounter while farming. I would prefer not to go to magery heavy as i would rather not be carrying around a full compliment of reagents all the time, just enough for a few preferred spells... like blade spirits ^^

Anatomy also give damage bonus does it not? I would like to keep it on the template i think. I have arms lore for the talisman, but I wonder if a build is feasable without it? The talisman seems much more geared for melee characters...
* also, wiki indicates that nonmedible armor reduces all man regen benefits from meditation. does this also apply to weapon / shield / bow?

A couple builds I think of now...
Both builds would look like

Anatomy - 100
archery - 100
healing - 100 or 80
tactics - 100
resist spells - 100

and then go either talisman
arms lore - 100
magery - 60
meditation - 40 or 60

or more magery and pots hm?
magery - 60
meditation - 100
alchemy - 40

Last edited by a moderator:

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Anatomy would help your melee/archery damage (by 20% @ GM), but I went magery for high end summons; a deamon casting and punch would do more DPS over-all than 20% to your bows, that's why I dumped it.

That's just my personal touch though. Blade spirits are a nice summon early on, but easily dispellable. You'll also need about 80 magery to cast Blade Spirits 100%, I recommend carrying scrollls if that's your plan. I dont' even have a talisman, so I can't help you there. I hear, however, that Arms Lore makes it proc more often.

asics

Grandmaster
If u go with talisman pvm

Archery
Tactics
Anatom
Healing

Arms lore

Resist
Hiding or sword-fencing or magery

Recall with scrolls
Pots for everything