Archer/Bard

ratpie

Novice
im looking for a toon that can make me some money and taming has been super slow.

so far i have
90str
90dex
45int

gm anat
gm archery
gm tactics

64 magery for 100% chance at level 4 casting.
36 med

gm music
80 provo

80 healing
40 hiding i have a heal hide macro thats been working pretty good.

so far i have only been doing shame earth ele. and wrong ratmen and i think it is 100% chance so far.
money is pretty good i can pull 4-5k a run.

is there a list of what i can provo at skill points, i googles it and could not find anything?

also thinking about dropping healing to 0 for 60 resist and gm provo.
or
dropping healing to 60 and gm provo.

i tried balrons/white wyrms in ice and when i fail provo that magic hit combo really hurts.
i cant imagine what a dragon would do to me.

also what adds more damage tactics or anatomy?
if anatomy is only adding a little more damage i might drop it with healing.

ratpie

Novice
humm just found out gm insturments give +20 provo, so i guess ill stick with 80 heal for now in case i gotta rez someone.

Faermar

Neophyte
So I just run

Archery Tactics Anatomy Healing Music Provo Healing.

And not care about resist for the most part.
And yes I die a fair bit to this.

Blizz

Novice
you are def. going to want to invest in provo PS when u get the gold to do it... 105 makes a slight difference, at 110 you will notice a pretty big difference in that you wont fail very much, at 115 you will rarely fail, even on high end mobs (shadow wyrms, ancient wyrms, balrons, etc...) which is pretty important if you dont have resist... and at 120, if you ever bother getting it, you will basically never fail on anything...

110 should suffice, 115 would be ideal... I never bothered getting 120 myself as I never fail when farming anymore...

Medais

Novice

I run the same with 115 provo and gm instrument.
I don't think there is a list of mobs for provo. Not that I have seen anyway.
Guess you could run less magery for your hide/heal macro but not sure what the benefit would be.

ratpie

Novice

I run the same with 115 provo and gm instrument.
I don't think there is a list of mobs for provo. Not that I have seen anyway.
Guess you could run less magery for your hide/heal macro but not sure what the benefit would be.

i was going for 64 magery so i would never fail gheal/recall.

yea i bought a 105 ps for provo and im at 104.5 atm so far.
i think i will get to 120 then drop back down to 80 and bring up hiding to 60.
i have 2 stealthers and it just really helps to have hiding it in a tough spot when you die.

i have a pure archer already but just like any melee, archery or mage, i fell like such a gimp without provo or taming
i mean there seems to be limitations to what you can do. i never had a tailsmen so im guessing those are supposed
to balance everything out in the end if you have money and more time to build them up.

wish they had a list, if i stop gaining from the bard room i saw a similar table in wrong ogre lord room i might try out.

Medais

Novice
Gotcha, I die so much on my provo char that I don;t find hiding all that useful personally. I don't run with anything too expensive either so when I die it's not such a huge deal. Talismans are good but they are definitely expensive and a long time to train (similar to meta). Not sure if you can gain provo all the way to 120 off mobs. I just scrolled to 115 and stopped. Might go 120 but it doesn;t give much more advantage. Provo ss's are about 8k average so it's not too bad scrolling up.

My 2cents: I only have 100 provo and never fail. I do dragons/white wyrms/ice demons/werewolves/skeletal dragons, greater blood eles, etc. and can't remember the last time I failed a provo. Just saying... I have both an archer bard and mage bard. Mage is better IMO since I can invis and drop all agro/set-up the next provo and cast reactive armor/reflect. Not disagreeing with any previous posters -- just adding my experience and I play my mage bard a butt-ton! :)