> Arcade mode: beginners guide <

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Hi,

right now on UOF at the duelpits, three types of ''Era'' are available: UOR, T2A, and Arcade.

This quick guide will help players set up their numpad keys for the ''Arcade'' mode.

*Note that you may likely need to do this for certain events (ie Zombies) in the future.

First, you need to understand that by 'saying' : !1 or !2, will make your character swing his/her weapon in a certain direction. You will want to record one speech macro for saying each command.

For razor, make a recording for saying each command, and name the macro the same as the command.

I will list these directions and their respective position in the numpad:

!1 - South - numpad #2

!2 - South East - numpad #3

!3 - East - numpad #6

!4 - South West - numpad #1

!5 - does nothing

!6 - North East - numpad #9

!7 - West - numpad #4

!8 - North West - numpad #7

!9 - North - numpad #8

With these hotkeys you will be able to swing the weapon you are holding in the direction of your choosing. Be careful, however, for if you swing your weapon too quickly there will be a delay before you can swing again.

REMEMBER after setting any hotkeys in razor you need to log out and then back in without closing the client to save them!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused. Your key layout doesn't seem to compensate for UO's isometric point of view. Wouldn't south=1, east=3, west=7, and north=9?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I'm confused. Your key layout doesn't seem to compensate for UO's isometric point of view. Wouldn't south=1, east=3, west=7, and north=9?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

lol I guess. i'll have to try that out tbh. I've just always set the keys this way for boating but I also have a USB numpad which can be moved around a bit.