Amount of Sell Attempts for BOD

jkg8787

Master
Put this here because it's more rant less suggestion.

Is there a logical reason to have BODs be given anywhere from 1 to what seems like 20ish sell attempts?

Is there any reason why this can't be changed to standard 1 sell = BOD?

I would assume this is maybe some measure to prevent abuse, but surely the limiting factor is the 3/6 hour wait, and not # of sell attempts? It seems like its just there as an annoyance.

Not really high priority, but I rage every day about this. What's the deal?

jkg8787

Master
It's the sole reason I don't do bods. My index finger is more important.
Maybe that's the point? I'm always like "ohh its been 6 hours" then I'm also always like "I bet this time will take like 7 minutes just to do two freaking characters"

Bromista

Grandmaster
I'm not the only one but I can only speak for myself here. I have made ungodly amounts of gold doing BODs.

It's a small price to pay and it cuts down on automation, thus protecting the value of the deeds for the people who care to put time and (minimal) effort into something that earns them a shit ton of easy gold.

jkg8787

Master
It's a small price to pay and it cuts down on automation

Does it though? Does the randomization aspect prevent automation? I know the sell-agents are disabled but I assumed there might be a way to still sell automatically thru UOSteam.

And like I said the true limiting factor is the 3/6hour time limit. This just seems to be intended to prevent a small handful of people who would leave script running 24/7.

Like I said, not necessarily wanting it changed as its very low priority but I explode with rage any time I don't get a BOD after say....5 sell attempts

Last edited: