Action Camera??

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Cool in theory. Except it was by default. And when starting out most would not realize it. So it made you a potential target of being pked. As your wherabouts could be brodcasted.
And i dont think most want that.

Still cool idea for advertising. But at the expense of players safety. Not sure if thats why they took it down or for another reason. *shrugs

wkstrm

Master
Could be a gump upon login: do you want to participate in the action cam for X minutes. After X miutes are up you recieve 100 donation coins or something. Enough to make it worth while, not enough to be overly abused.
If the delay is set right it would also make things less rewarding for people who would only AFK through the action cam since they then could be killed. Idk...

There are ways to handle it smoothly.
Action cam could end if you enter safe zones like WBB or whatever.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
It could also give you a warning in game that you are being viewed on the action cam, so you could choose to opt out, or could alter your gaming appropriately, because I suspect that on occasion, when PvP'rs clash, and words get heated, and derogatory, that it could cause some issues seeing someone yelling various slurs at another. Not all advertising is good advertising, and let's be honest, some of us come across as real dill holes sometimes.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
Cool in theory. Except it was by default. And when starting out most would not realize it. So it made you a potential target of being pked. As your wherabouts could be brodcasted.
And i dont think most want that.

Still cool idea for advertising. But at the expense of players safety. Not sure if thats why they took it down or for another reason. *shrugs

I totally get that, but there was generally a short delay, to try and prevent that from happening and never lasted on the player that long.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
Essentially, the action camera could help advertise as well, I would think. It seems like so many people use twitch. Therefore, it might help attract more new players because the link could be shared on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms out there. Food for thought and why not try to create the system to do the work. :)

halygon

Grandmaster
The last I saw about it, Twitch closed our account as it's TOS does not allow companies/organizations to stream - only individual players, and automating it was also something they didn't like. That was a couple months back, so not sure of any new developments there.

@Shane

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
I will also say i joined uof when i saw the action cam. But i also was quick to disable it once i learned how. As even with a delay (which i forget if i knew about back then or knew the delay length) i didnt want to risk being exploited by it.

Streaming is a good way to increase numbers. It would help to have some entertaining players that streamed here if there aren't already.