A guide to pvp macros [part 1]

crome

Grandmaster
ok so here we go im not going to give you my exact set up as I don't believe it to be the best possible setup instead im going to give you the set up if I could adapt to I would use as I've played the game since 1997 with similar setup I cannot change mine.

so first I will give you the hotkeys as they should be set in razor or steam then il move onto the second part of the set up [ what makes it better than anyone else's hotkeys ]

f1 magic arrow f2 harm f3 fireball f4 lighting [small spells]

` last target 1 mind blast 2 energy bolt 3 explosion 4 poison 5 flame strike 6 paralyze [large spells]

f5 cure f6 heal f7 greater heal f8 bless [defensive spells]

7 strength 8 agility 9 cunning [buffs]

0 weaken - clumsy = feeble mind [de buffs]

MAKE SURE ON EVERY SPELL HOTKEY YOU CLICK [PASS ONTO UO] check the box.

these are the basic spell hotkeys so I will finish this section first and explain how to do the rest
so lets take energy bolt as example at this stage you will have set it to your 2 key so now in uo client you click options and go to the macro symbol [the bendy arrow] and your going to create a macro doing the following

step 1 press add
step 2 set keystroke as 2
step 3 press actions and it will bring you a scrolldown list.

first action = last target
second action = war/peace
third action = war/peace
fourth action = war/peace
fifth action = war/peace

what this will do for you is first of all keep you constantly tabbed out thus not wasting wrestling punches or stun and instead saving them for disturbs and stunning when you want to instead of accidently.
and secondly it gives you a system where you use one key to both cast and release a spell

example 1. if you have someone on last target and straight held the key down until your mana ran out you would spam ebs and target them repeatedly with 1 key

example 2. if you have explosion casted and tapped your energy bolt button twice the first cast would release on the target and the second tap would start casting your energy bolt if you then wanted to release the energy bolt also you would continue pressing your button until the energy bolt also released.

ok so you've got this far now what you want to do is set this to the rest of your offensive spell hotkeys with the exception debuffs and harm [they will auto cast giving you less control]

now you want to make a very similar macro on your defensive spells
first action = target self
second action = war/peace
third action = war/peace
fourth action = war/peace
fifth action = war/peace
and again this will give you the same effects
example 1. you have cure pre casted and your poisoned your opponent is casting energy bolt your reaction would be.
press your greater heal key twice first tap will release your cure onto you the second will start casting greater heal. and the third tap would cast the greater heal onto yourself

example 2. your at 80 hp and need to mini heal through someone's dump keep your mini heal key pressed down or tap it and you will cast mini heal and release it onto yourself and begin casting another.

example 3. your curing at the same time someone is disturbing your casting if you kept tapping your cure key [along with self disturbing that will be in a later guide] then if your cure is disturbed you will instantly cast another if you get your cure up by tapping the key it would cure yourself [again using one button and one hand] allowing you to freely control your movement with the other.

ok so remember this is only the first part of the guide and more will come.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shake

Master
The ideal hotkey setup would be mapped all around your left hand, like QWERTY,ASDF,ZXCV,1234 for the main spells/pots to give you the quickest reaction. Your 2 functions on one hotkey idea is kinda strange, when people can just hold down the spell key and the moment it starts casting queue it. Target self, attack last etc are usually best on the mouse, but having a target last on a key allows you to hold it down for those who don't queue. I don't know why you want everyone auto tabbing spells....

halygon

Grandmaster
Moved to Guides forum and removed any non-constructive comments.

You may want to go back and edit the original post to correct the formatting as it is very hard to read in its current state. You can also use the editing feature to add in the second part of this guide.

Expunge

Novice
Hey how's about that update? There's some really good information here that I've referred to my friends, but they're having a hard time reading the post because the formatting is screwed up.

Expunge

Novice
I'm actually having trouble getting this setup with my targeting macro in UOSteam. If I use this macro to attack/target a player:

Code:
@getenemy 'innocent' 'criminal' 'gray' 'murderer' 'humanoid'
if inrange 'enemy' 16
   headmsg '* Attacking Player *'
   setalias 'last' 'enemy'
   warmode 'on'
   attack 'last'
else
   headmsg 'No players in range.'
endif

It doesn't seem to set/change the UO client last target also, like UO Steam uses it's own target separate of the client itself. Is there some macro related function that I'm missing that would get them both set up like this? The idea seems great - a lot better than manually making cast 'Spell' target 'last' for every spell I use..

@halygon - Any ideas?

halygon

Grandmaster
Take out the whole inrange command because the get enemy command will automatically do that for you. You can leave the setalias and attack last commands if you wish

Bromista

Grandmaster
The ideal hotkey setup would be mapped all around your left hand, like QWERTY,ASDF,ZXCV,1234 for the main spells/pots to give you the quickest reaction. Your 2 functions on one hotkey idea is kinda strange, when people can just hold down the spell key and the moment it starts casting queue it. Target self, attack last etc are usually best on the mouse, but having a target last on a key allows you to hold it down for those who don't queue. I don't know why you want everyone auto tabbing spells....
This. All of this.

Izure

Apprentice
HI I have halygon 2 macro setup for exp pots but I need help, I am either throwing too soon or its blowing up, does anyone have any hits?

Its double
click pot pause1sec canceltarget
click pot pause1sec last target

Thanks!

halygon

Grandmaster
HI I have halygon 2 macro setup for exp pots but I need help, I am either throwing too soon or its blowing up, does anyone have any hits?

Its double
click pot pause1sec canceltarget
click pot pause1sec last target

Thanks!
Take out pauses and replace each with:

waitfortarget 1500

Izure

Apprentice
OK I wil try that

So waitfortarget and then edit time to 1500?

Then when do I press the second macro after I press the first?

Expunge

Novice
Take out the whole inrange command because the get enemy command will automatically do that for you. You can leave the setalias and attack last commands if you wish
Thanks for pointing that out. Still having trouble with the last target setting seemingly not being sent to the client though. Try it yourself - Bind a last target macro with the in-game macro menu like crome is talking about. It doesn't appear that setalias actually changes the last target value for the client itself.

halygon

Grandmaster
Thanks for pointing that out. Still having trouble with the last target setting seemingly not being sent to the client though. Try it yourself - Bind a last target macro with the in-game macro menu like crome is talking about. It doesn't appear that setalias actually changes the last target value for the client itself.
No it doesn't. The "last" alias in UOSteam is not associated with last target in the UO client.

jamison1987

Master
So when you put the:
Target self
Toggle war/peace
Toggle war/peace
Toggle war/peace

Does this happen while ur casting and queues the target self or does it play consecutively after the first uosteam macro?

"Naked & Fearless. ...and my fear is naked!" - MJK