1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 Reasons You Should Join Our IRC Channel

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Staff, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    5 Reasons why you should join our IRC channel

Reason #1: IRC gives you a direct line to staff. There is almost always at least one staff member in IRC. This means no wait times to discuss problems.

Reason #2: You get to give input on future development. The forums also allow this but IRC is a much better mode of communication. It allows me to receive immediate feedback on potential changes to the shard. I often ask players in IRC for advice. If you would like to give your input on future changes, join IRC today!

Reason #3: Players often share spawns and other valuable information in IRC. If there is a champion spawn, someone will let you know. If someone has found a RDA (random dungeon adventure), they may just share that information. IRC is the place to be if you are keen to participate in these types of events.

Reason #4: Get to know your fellow player. IRC is a great place to interact with other people playing the shard. Chat up some of those pesky PKs, maybe they will cut you some slack :)

Reason #5: You are allowed to buy and sell goods in our IRC channel. So, if you are looking to unload something fast or pick up that sweet wearable at a good price, our IRC channel is the place to be.

Feel free to post your own reasons below!

Guide to joining IRC

There are several IRC clients you can utilize to join our IRC channel. I will give a brief rundown on the one I use: Hexchat.

To download Hexchat go here: Hexchat

Once you have Hexchat installed, and then click Hexchat at the top-left of the window. Here is where you will choose your IRc nick and connect to our iRC channel's network.

Our channel information is as follows:

Network: Geekshed
    Channel: #uoforever

Once you have connected to the geekshed network, type /join #uoforever in the input bar located at the bottom of the hexchat window.

Once in the channel, you will notice that you are unable to talk. This is because your IRC nick is not registered.

Here is a guide on how to register your nickname: mIRC Nickname Registration Guide

You should also give this post a read for further help on joining mIRC: UOF and mIRC. If you require further help joining IRC, don't hesitate to page for me in-game!

Rules of IRC are STRICT - We can not monitor the chat 24/7 but all lobby chat is logged. If you see people breaking these rules please send us a pm and when we get to it we will handle it.

RULES FOR #UOFOREVER CHANNEL

Scamming players through the use of IRC is bannable both in game and IRC!

IRC is NOT your personal soapbox keep the drama in a Private Message

Do not use this channel to produce negative attitudes towards the server/staff/players if you have an issue with the server contact the staff.

No advertising any other server of any kind this includes script websites.

Racial slurs is an instant ban.

Trolling, FLAMING or personal attacks will not be tolerated. Keep your childish name calling to yourself.

FURTHER RULES CAN BE READ HERE!!! http://www.uoforum.com/threads/patch-notes-january-13th-2014.25285/

Failure to follow these rules will result in banned from IRC.

IRC is a privledge.

If there is a user you would like to report please message the IRC mods; Shane, JoeB, Eppy, and Liberty. they will look into it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    9 people like this.
  2. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    +1 !!

also, irc is a great place to ask players if they know who stole your pets! @dennozz

6 people like this.
  3. dennozz

dennozz Grandmaster

Aug 31, 2013
    you trying to make a joke here @wreckognize ? cuz bryce dont like trollers in forums! :)

4. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    no joke!

your mares, my house! 50k per !!

:D

2 people like this.
  5. schwaj

schwaj Neophyte

Aug 2, 2014
    jschwa
    schwaj
    jasonicus
    monEy-
    apparently its also a good place to spam about spawn scores when the server crashes

6. Bromista

Bromista Grandmaster

Apr 12, 2013
    #6 SOMETHING TO DO WHEN THE SERVER CRASHES

4 people like this.
  7. eppy

eppy Grandmaster

Sep 18, 2013
    Also, I am in IRC if that isnt reward enough.

6 people like this.
  8. AlyM

AlyM Grandmaster

Aug 16, 2013
    I have a connecting to IRC guide in my signature! If you are having problems, check that out and if you still have problems - Message me! I will help you get IRC set up because seriously - this thing is AWESOME!

2 people like this.
  9. keystonian123

keystonian123 Master

Apr 20, 2013
    Reason #115 Stop the "forum deals" that consist of. Hey i am at the docks on char so and so. 2 hours later. Hey at the docks must have missed you are you around. 2 hours later. hey at docks now you around. 2 days later hey at docks wanna meet now? etc. mIRC F T W

9 people like this.
  10. Starnite

Starnite Master

Mar 10, 2014
    My daughter tells me I am old all the time and you cant teach an old dog new tricks. But this is one of the hardest things I have tried to get onto. Maybe someone could give me a KISS and help me out here.
    Keep
    It
    Super
    Simple

It says my email is registered but I don't recall being on it before.

3 people like this.
  11. Vino

Vino Neophyte

Aug 24, 2014
    Vino_Lamar
    You must identify to a registered nick to private message Vino_Lamar this is the error i get. i've been in there trying to fix the problem but i dunno what to do.

12. Vino

Vino Neophyte

Aug 24, 2014
    Vino_Lamar
    nm finally got it

13. glgibbs

glgibbs Expert

Aug 27, 2014
    Kulp, Forel
    Is this chat used for anything besides buy/sell?

14. VFingerDiscount

VFingerDiscount Grandmaster

Apr 19, 2014
    Yep. There's 5 reasons you should join the irc.... Kind of the name of the thread and first post...

Also it's great for real time discussion about all the latest rap hits from our very own members. Isn't that sick?

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
  15. Calamity

Calamity Adept

Feb 4, 2013
    I had an issue with my account last night and within 5 minutes the gms were on it, and pretty much fixed it because I was in IRC.
    I have never ever played any game that has had a staff this supportive over the community.

16. Illkill

Illkill Neophyte

Nov 9, 2014
    Well can IRC be used on mobil?

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

17. eppy

eppy Grandmaster

Sep 18, 2013
    Yes you can IRC on a phone.

18. halygon

halygon Grandmaster

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Mango Lite works on iOS and is Free

*Edit: IRCCloud is the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    2 people like this.
  19. Bobaganoosh

Bobaganoosh Master

Jul 2, 2014
    Bobaganoosh
    Its a fun place to see how much "Eppywork" spends chatting and not working...

20. Jani

Jani Grandmaster

Jul 29, 2014
    1. IRC raffle.
    2. IRC raffle.
    3. IRC raffle.
    4. IRC raffle.
    5. IRC raffle.