1oo taming, what's next?

frasse

Neophyte
Hi guys,

Im currently working on a provotamer, my first ever.

I was looking for some directions what to do @ 100 taming. I don't have any PS scrolls at all.

Should i drop peacemaking now and start farming some cash? WW/Dragon combo for that?

Any directions/advices from the tamer community?

the_bubba

Journeyman
Yep - good plan. What's your current template?

From here you should seek out good a rune library and build yourself a set of books for farming and work on making yourself cash to buy those powerscrolls. You can effectively train your taming to about 108 before you wanna gouge your eyeballs out and at that point start buying skill scrolls to advance taming into 108+. At 110 you can get a death beetle and bond him naturally but realistically you'll want 115 taming / 115 lore for good control over him.

Young Star

Grandmaster
yes. get provo. farm gold. you may be able yo find someone willing to sell you the scrolls for 05 and 10 if they know it will be for your first tamer and not spider food.

I would also consider saving for a meta egg and pet ball as a long term goal.

farming a lot of mobs that drop skill scrolls will give you good odds for getting a few taming SS's.

the_bubba

Journeyman
Young Star made a good point and reminded me - bond your dragon and ww and have them both linked to pet balls. That'll allow you to rez them when they die and you won't have to worry about people kidnapping or holding them ransom. It'll keep you in the farming scene without having to wait for more pets or new ones to bond.

frasse

Neophyte
Thanks guys, i'll follow your advices. I guess i can kill pretty much anything with Dragon/WW + provo ?

Daddys Money

Grandmaster
What areas are not tamer friendly?
Well, for a reg. dragon/WW combo, i wouldn't fight ancient wyrms or balrons, muss less paragons of either. Cove lvl 4 is gonna be mostly off limits, as werewolves, revenant lions and Phoenix matriarchs will drop your pets in seconds. Minotaur RDA isnt kind to tamers. There are other areas as well where drag/ww combo don't cut it.

Young Star

Grandmaster
If you have pairs of evenly matched mobs to provoke, you can pretty much kill anything. Not every spot is ideal for provoking. Sometimes there is way more stuff than your pets can tank before you have a change to get it all provoked. use parafields to retreat when you need to or just simply hit your recall home macro while spamming "all follow me" anytime a spot gets too hairy. Best to just let it go and move to the next. Eventually you will develop favorite spots and will figure out your own way to work through each.

the_bubba

Journeyman
Solid advice ^^

Even a single ogre lord mage could drop one of your pets if you're not on top of your heals and if the pets have subpar skill levels. You try to solo an OL mage with trained drag/ww you're all probably going to get dropped. It's so much better to farm where you have other mobs to provoke on, but even in some circumstances if you fail a provoke you're going to have to run and recall.