¡Oye!

evan

Hola , Estoy jugando con otras personas de habla española, nosotros somos una gran guild al lado del gate de Yew y aceptamos a cualquiera que le guste jugar! Si tu quieres unirte , mandame un privado , o vente y encuentranos en la guildhouse , Al noroeste del gate de yew , al lado de la libreria de runas, Ven y conocenos.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Translation:
"
Hi, I 'm playing with other Spanish speakers , we are a great guild beside the gate of Yew and accept anyone who likes to play! If you want to join , send a private , or sale and find us on the Guildhouse , Northwest of the gate of yew , next to the library runes, Come conocenos ."

Mercedies

Grandmaster
Hola! Bienvenidos a UOF!
Estoy estudiando espanol a mi universidad lol

Google translate is really lacking when it comes to sentence structure :/
"Ven y conocenos", roughly translates into "see and meet us".

Last edited by a moderator:

argonxxx

Neophyte
Hola! yo y un amigo somos viejos jugadores de wow y empezamos la semana pasada en els server, estamos interesados en unirnos a vuestra guild.

Un saludo

Hi, a friend and I have just started and would like to join.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tynder

Master
mojoso supposed to be mojado? Wet?

I am thinking fat fingered since the "s" and "d" are next to each other on the keyboard. Or some slang I don't know? Grew up in San Diego, but don't get a lot of Spanish speakers in the part of Minnesota I am in. Seems most of our Spanish speakers in my neck of the woods are Oaxacan and they have their own slang/dialect that I can't always pick up on.

argonxxx

Neophyte
I am almost sure.. the "funny" guy wanted to write "mohoso" which means moldy... but I don´t really get his humour.....................

kyleakira

Master
Hola! Bienvenidos a UOF!
Estoy estudiando espanol a mi universidad lol

Google translate is really lacking when it comes to sentence structure :/
"Ven y conocenos", roughly translates into "see and meet us".

"Estoy estudiando espanol a mi universidad" --> "Estoy estudiando espanol en mi universidad" (You go TO a place, you study IN a place) TO = a , IN = en

About google translator, Use it only for single words. Do not try to translate a full sentence unless you have more skill. I have the same issue when translating from spanish to English.

kyleakira

Master
mojoso supposed to be mojado? Wet?

I am thinking fat fingered since the "s" and "d" are next to each other on the keyboard. Or some slang I don't know? Grew up in San Diego, but don't get a lot of Spanish speakers in the part of Minnesota I am in. Seems most of our Spanish speakers in my neck of the woods are Oaxacan and they have their own slang/dialect that I can't always pick up on.

Mojoso doesn't exist in Spanish. May it be some kind of slang in Mexico but even if that's true, it's not worth to learn unofficial words.

If someone wants to do some lang sparring with me , you can contact me, I am native of Spain (Europe) . And about ingame, if some new players need some help, I have a free Villa house in where there's already 6 new members from Spain that are starting with the game. If you need a home to recall, meet people and store your stuff, contact me.

Mercedies

Grandmaster
I was under the impression "a"="at".

I would never say, in English "I am studying Spanish in my university."

It could be the dialect I was taught varies from your knowledge.

argonxxx

Neophyte
Mojoso doesn't exist in Spanish. May it be some kind of slang in Mexico but even if that's true, it's not worth to learn unofficial words.

If someone wants to do some lang sparring with me , you can contact me, I am native of Spain (Europe) . And about ingame, if some new players need some help, I have a free Villa house in where there's already 6 new members from Spain that are starting with the game. If you need a home to recall, meet people and store your stuff, contact me.
Hola,
No somos noobs, pero estamos recien empezando. (Tenemos TS3) Cual es tu nombre en el juego?

Un saludo

kyleakira

Master
I was under the impression "a"="at".

I would never say, in English "I am studying Spanish in my university."

It could be the dialect I was taught varies from your knowledge.

You are right about your english sentence but about "a" = "at" it's a common false friend. "at" = "en" , even if you learn another dialect, the sintax should not change, only a few vocabulary words and the way the words are pronounced varies.

Here some examples:
I study at university = Yo estudio en la universidad ("yo" is not needed, "la" is needed because it's the article that connects "en" and "universidad")
"me lo comí" is correct, but that may have a sexual connotation. It's better if you specify what do you eat or you may get some unexpected laughts.

"Lo que es esta tontería?" I think you may wan't to say something like "what a nosense". It's much easier that it seems.Just remove "Lo" and it fits.

Please, I'd be very happy if you correct my mistakes in english. Even if you understand me but it's not correctly written, please tell me. Thanks

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

Why wouldn't you want to learn slang words? I think mohoso is pretty common in some areas of Mexico and I've used it with lots of South American people without confusion. Could be they were just being polite instead of pointing out I wasn't making any sense though.