Guide: Veterinary

halygon

Grandmaster
Veterinary

The Veterinary skill is used when a player uses bandages for Healing and targets a pet. The Veterinary and Animal Lore Skills work together to determine how much damage is healed. A character can only heal targets that are standing on an adjacent tile. Taking damage while Healing will reduce the overal amount healed.

The minimum and maximum amount healed is calculated as follows...
Min = Animal Lore/5 + Veterinary/5 + 3
Min = Animal Lore/5 + Veterinary/2 + 10

60 skill in both Animal Lore and Veterinary is required before a character can cure poison with bandages (80% chance to cure).
80 skill in both Animal Lore and Veterinary is required before a character can resurrect a dead pet(25% chance to resurrect).

Healing a target takes 5 seconds.
Resurrecting a pet ghost takes 10 seconds.

Demolition

Neophyte
Healing time varies depending on dex at 100 dex its 3 seconds(to heal ghost) I'm testing this for my provoke tamer thinking of maybe running hime 90/65/70

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
Healing time varies depending on dex at 100 dex its 3 seconds(to heal ghost) I'm testing this for my provoke tamer thinking of maybe running hime 90/65/70
Although this is true for healing, it is not true for veterinary. Veterinary has set bandaid times.

Demolition

Neophyte
i disagree as i have a vet with 100 dex that runs heals on pets at 3 seconds and moved my dex on my tamer mage up to 60 for 4 second heals down from 5 second heals at base of 25 dex

Monaco

Apprentice
i disagree as i have a vet with 100 dex that runs heals on pets at 3 seconds and moved my dex on my tamer mage up to 60 for 4 second heals down from 5 second heals at base of 25 dex

That is definitely done wrong then. Vet is not supposed to take dex into account at all. That is why the bandage time is so low, and it is a pretty rare situation that a tamer will have a skill set requiring 100 dex. Therefore it was balanced on the OSI shards to be equal for everyone, no matter what your stats.

Demolition

Neophyte
That is definitely done wrong then. Vet is not supposed to take dex into account at all. That is why the bandage time is so low, and it is a pretty rare situation that a tamer will have a skill set requiring 100 dex. Therefore it was balanced on the OSI shards to be equal for everyone, no matter what your stats.
it is what it is i sacrifice mana on a pvm'er for that extra second bandage

BlueDemon

Novice
so why do people claim otherwise? at the moment i have 100 dex and i 3s bandaid, if i lower it to 30 you're sure it will stay 3s? thanks for quick reply.

halygon

Grandmaster
so why do people claim otherwise? at the moment i have 100 dex and i 3s bandaid, if i lower it to 30 you're sure it will stay 3s? thanks for quick reply.
Test it out. It costs no money or resources (and very little time) to move your stats around.

BlueDemon

Novice
i've just read tested this at 67 dex (so above the 60 cap for 4s) and it does seem like 4s vet and i was at 3s for sure at 100 dex. so it seems like they were correct, maybe add it to the topic.

halygon

Grandmaster
I have been told today that dexerity slightly affects vet time. So your 1 sec difference sounds like it is correct.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Yes, I know. Huge difference between timers. I wish I could heal that fast! Hell I'd be happy with a 6 or 7 sec timer on self heal.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i would like to add a training method to this as i just worked it up

0-50 ish - Buy up from NPC

50 ish to GM - Have a DEAD bonded pet next to you (i prefer town since no pks). make a macro to double click badages, target beetle, insert 5 sec pause at end. hit loop.

i believe i used around 8k bandages (im guessing here)...went from 0-GM in about 14 hours. i just left him macroing all day

Pike_Noir

Neophyte
problem i am having with vet is the fact that yea when i first started healing a dead bonded pet it gave me a gump to accept the rez or not, NOW it automatically accepts the rez gump so not sure if things have changed.

thestand

Grandmaster
problem i am having with vet is the fact that yea when i first started healing a dead bonded pet it gave me a gump to accept the rez or not, NOW it automatically accepts the rez gump so not sure if things have changed.
Do it on a pet that is not owned by your char.