Guide: Slayer Armor

halygon

Grandmaster
Slayer Armor

General Information:

Slayer armor will reduce hit and spell damage by 50% as well as grant 75% spell poison resist chance. The chance of getting this bonus is scaled by the number of slayer pieces you have for that particular foe (e.g. if you have 2 pieces out of 6, then you only have a 33% chance of getting this 50% damage reduction. When you are hit by the corresponding slayer monster, a flash/sound occurs on your character, similar to using a slayer weapon.

The Crystal Workbench:
The crystal workbench is created from crystals mined in a Random Dungeon Adventure. The crystals require 120 skill to mine (it is not known at this time if mining gloves can be used as a buff to mine the crystals, but should work). Each crystal that is mined will provide one set of crystal shards used to create the workbench. After mining the crystals in a Random Dungeon Adventure, double click the shards it produces and click on another shard. After 10 shards have been combined, a Crystal Workbench will be created that can be used to create Slayer Armor.
iXYs8SK.jpg
wd1LPgG.jpg

How Do I Make This Slayer Stuff?!
Slayer armor can be created by placing glowing runes in a specific order inside a Crystal Workbench.
wd1LPgG.jpg

A Gargoyle Alchemist will drop recipes that will tell you what order the glowing runes should be placed in. The Gargoyle Alchemist will also have a chance to drop glowing runes. Glowing runes can also be obtained from Monsters in a Random Dungeon Adventure.
QbY4DxJ.jpg
5XwadcG.jpg

Each glowing rune represents a letter from the gargoyle alphabet and using the recipes described above will tell you what order you should put the glowing runes inside the Crystal Workbench.\

7073f6d35fc29bce03901c6f106f1451.png

After the glowing runes have been placed in the correct order inside the Crystal Workbench, hit the 'imbue' button and click a piece of armor. You can imbue ANY existing armor (excluding blessed pieces) with a slayer property so it is best to imbue the best possible pieces of armor.
jetVBNd.jpg

Can I Have More Than One Slayer Property On One Piece Of Armor?
Now lets say you're going to your super secret farming spot that no PKs know about but the only problem is there are different types of Monsters there.. NO PROBLEM!! You can put 2 slayer properties on ONE piece of armor! Check it out:
g6oHi1z.png

Info from Blaine the Gypsy

Last edited by a moderator:

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Awesome getting this information out there. Can't wait to get crafting with my own crystal workbench. So this means we can *choose* which slayer we want? Also do we need to have the recipe or "read" it first on our character in order to use it? And are the runes consumed?

halygon

Grandmaster
Awesome getting this information out there. Can't wait to get crafting with my own crystal workbench. So this means we can *choose* which slayer we want? Also do we need to have the recipe or "read" it first on our character in order to use it? And are the runes consumed?
Runes are consumed, you can only make armor this way, and you need to know the recipe before you can make the item.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
If I add one slayer property, can I then add a second property to it at a later time? Or do both have to be added simultaneously at item creation?

Also @Bryce to sticky all these great guide threads

How is the crystal workbench made/created? Was wondering if its part of the soul forge or part of a quest? Thanks

84brian

Grandmaster
Do the diff crystal benches do diff things? Can u craft them with gm tailoring or bs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Let me know if this recap is accurate:

-Anyone can craft the workbench once they have the pieces, regardless of skill
-120 Mining is required to mine the crystals yourself, but crystals can also be purchased from other players and used that way
-Once the bench is created, anyone can walk up to it and use it regardless of skill

My last question is, is there a separate security setting for the workbench itself (i.e., Owner, Co-Owner, Friend, etc)?

bradley-

Grandmaster
Do the diff crystal benches do diff things? Can u craft them with gm tailoring or bs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All crystal workbenches work the same. You need to have 120 tinkering to create the workbench. You also need 120 mining to mine the crystals in the RDAs. Once you mine the shards its as simple as double clicking one shard and clicking another. It will progressively transform into different shapes until you get 10 total combined. Also, I believe that you cannot have more than 2 of the same color crystal shard for the workbench so you need different colors.

bradley-

Grandmaster
Where is the Gargoyle Alchemist? In the RDA or some dungeon such as hythloth? Thanks in advance!

The gargoyle alchemists are suppose to spawn in a random dungeon on a random level but now that you mention it... I haven't seen any gargoyle alchemists in quite some time.. Maybe the spawn has been deactivated? @Adam?

bradley-

Grandmaster
Let me know if this recap is accurate:

-Anyone can craft the workbench once they have the pieces, regardless of skill
You need 120 tinkering to create the crystal workbench. AFTER it has been created, anyone can use it as long as they know what order to place the runes and they have armor to apply to slayer property to.
-120 Mining is required to mine the crystals yourself, but they can also be purchased from other players and used that way
Yes, you can buy the crystal shards from another player but you still need 120 tinkering to combine the shards
-Once the bench is created, anyone can walk up to it and use it regardless of skill
Yes

My last question is, is there a separate security setting for the workbench itself (i.e., Owner, Co-Owner, Friend, etc)?
This I do not know.. I don't have a workbench or a house to check...

Gill

Master
I have heard they changed the way you make slayer armor so now you need to have the recipe to make that armor is that true? before if you knew they word you were ok.

Verbal

Expert
I have heard they changed the way you make slayer armor so now you need to have the recipe to make that armor is that true? before if you knew they word you were ok.

Any word on this? Or where can we find a guide for it