Guide: Lockpicking

halygon

Grandmaster
This is a lockpicking guide from @Six_ in its original form from the old wiki site. Here is the link to the original thread: http://uoforum.com/threads/lockpicking-guide.1450/

Identifying the Dungeon Chest's Level

First and foremost you need to understand how to identify the level of the dungeon chests you find when crawling dungeons. The following chart helps you do just that. Three most important things are: what kind of chests it is, amount of gold, and does the chest contain arrows or not? If the chest has around 200 gold and no arrows then it is a level four chest. If it has around 200 gold and contains arrows it is a level three chest. Arrows are number one identifier between level threes and fours so look for them!

LmEI6.png

List of Dungeon Chest Locations

My understanding is that there are 28 level four chests across the entire shard. Below is a list of the level 4 chests I have identified and some information. The danger level column is purely my opinion. Static chests are chest that spawn in the same square every time wandering chests spawn in the same general area but not necessarily the exact same square.

lZOwf.png

*I believe the last chest is located in Wind where the dragons spawn. I have not gotten to check yet. Other possible areas are the Ratman fort in the Ice Dungeon and Orphidian Keep in t2a. If someone knows where the last one is please post a comment!

Covetous Chests

1. Storage Room
DoO4M.jpg

2. Covetous Dragons

Covetous_map_5.jpg

7Ohjz.jpg

3. Torture Room
Covetous_map_4.jpg

liq1z.jpg

Deceit Chests

4. Bone Yard -- #1
5. Mushroom Room -- #2

yVI9L.png

6. Lich Lords -- #2

iNu7P.png

Despise Chests

7. Acid Elementals -- #4
8. Ogre Lords -- #3

6NOuC.png

lDcI4.jpg

Bcx1A.jpg

Destard Chests

9. Destard Steps
10. Shadow Wyrms
11. Ancient Wyrm

YOwH2.png

TmF2V.jpg

s64g7.jpg

AzUXS.jpg

Fire Dungeon T2a Chests

12. Fire Lich Lord
13. Wizzard Fortress

NKjjy.jpg

Fire Temple

14. Fire Temple
kbZGS.jpg

Hythloth Chests

15. Hell Hounds
16. Hythloth Gazers
17. Balron
18. Hythloth Imp Room

jhKTB.png

YRSUr.jpg

08uMk.jpg

aIlbW.jpg

Ice Dungeon Chests

19. White Wyrm
20. Ice Fiends

fqiPe.png

FxF3u.jpg

6qGMQ.jpg

Shame Chests

21. Poison Beach
22. Eldger Gazer Bridge
23. Water Elemental Island

xhIx3.png

1wtrK.jpg

TV91s.jpg

gmXHi.jpg

Terrathan Keep T2a

24. Balaron Terrathan
25. Terrathan Web
26. Terrathan Orphidian Pit

qzpj1.png

ZHkjd.jpg

snHnV.jpg

Wrong Chest

27. Executioners
capture-png.4774

Lothar

Expert
FYI - with 10 dex, I was able to hit 95 (94.9 real) LP using a single GM Tinker Lockbox. I had read elsewhere that max was 94.4 real.

Theren

Neophyte
A lot of this information seems very old. Most of those locations never seem to have chests and many others I have found do.

Im okay with it but to be necroed with some very outdated info is good and misleading, since it keeps my competition low.

elfyburk

Expert
Only chests worth doing is Khaldun and the two lvl5 chests in Shame and Deceit. I did this 3 times a day (total of about 30 mins, i.e. ~10mins per round), netting ~100k in cash, bunch of magic weps/ar (including power/vanq and invul) in addition to random regs and gems. And this is all completely risk free.

Doing the lvl4's is not worth it with their sub-par loot. Better off doing tmaps, mibs or just regular farming.

Lazenby

Adept
Getting 94.7 and getting ,3 from chests, and buying 5 +1 ss made this painless and done in about 8 hours total.
I still have my boxes from raising LP, anyone looking to buy just let me know.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
I'm not sure I will ever understand the need of buying > 10k gp per lockpicking ss. I help out friends with their high level chests, dungeon chests, tmaps and mibs. I may break tons of picks but they are dirt cheap and I have tons of fun. I rarely run into problems that I can't pick a chest more than 10 mins of trying.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Lazenby

Adept
I'm not sure I will ever understand the need of buying > 10k gp per lockpicking ss. I help out friends with their high level chests, dungeon chests, tmaps and mibs. I may break tons of picks but they are dirt cheap and I have tons of fun. I rarely run into problems that I can't pick a chest more than 10 mins of trying.

150k is like 1 hour of farming, and now I can have fun and open level 6 paragon chests for my friends as well=) If you camp Titans and kill some paragons, or your friends do, likely you will have some. I had 5 of those in my house I couldn't even open.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Right but those locked chests take up one item space each. I'm ok saving them until I'm able to open them. Moreover, I don't farm that much and I can't farm 150k per hour. I'm not sure if you farm with a tamer or not but I don't have one. I just use a stealth archer bard. Hey may be i just simply suck at combat and not a good farmer. Who knows but I'm ok and no need to have a shrink.

HI I'm looking for some boxes and a few tips on how to gm lock picking as I have paragon chests I cant even open lol any help would be appreciated thand