2014 Custom House Design Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carl

Date: This event will end on March 22nd, 2014 @ 9:00 P.M. EST

With the recent patch we released all the high seas and Stygian abyss walls / floors / stairs etc customization on Custom Houses this opens the door to a lot more design possibilities and we hope to see some very creative use of these new features!

1. All entries will be judged on a) Originality, b) Creativity, and c) Faithfulness to the atmosphere of Ultima. It will not be divided by small, medium, large and house decoration is a requirement. Creative use of decoration WILL increase your chances.

2. Entry: No purchase necessary (to join competition). Limit one entry per person. <-- Meaning one house per IP.

3. Winner Selection: Winners will be selected by the UO Forever staff. Each entry will be evaluated by the staff and after careful review. (Will be a 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place winners)

4. Eligibility: Everyone!!!

5. It must be a custom house not a uo classic home, size doesn't matter as long as it is custom.

6. House Design submissions need to be cropped in size so that the image submitted only shows the house (up to 4 pictures, one of each level). DO NOT submit Full-Screen Screenshots directly to the forum. Instead make sure you upload your screenshots in a visible easy to see format on websites such as imageshack or photobucket. (Here is a small freeware screenshot program that makes taking screenshots easy http://app.prntscr.com/)

7. Do not use house designs from previous competitions such as uoguide, stratics, castles & homes, uoforums, or any other website. I have seen all those submissions from all the varies websites over the years, if you do not follow this r ule you will be disqualified. This needs to be your own design.

Reply to this thread with your screenshots for your submission and STAY ON TOPIC.

If you would like people us to visit your house in person please put the coordinates in X Y Z format in your post
example 1234 233 2

Most Importantly Have fun and take your time you have a month!!

Prizes
All Participants will receive this small statue for participating.

ckxp.png

Top 3 Prizes
XQIPc1W.png

1st place - Statue 5k Donation coins
2nd place - Statue 3k Donation coins
3rd place - Statue 1.5k Donation Coins

Last edited:
C

Carl

If you would like people us to visit your house in person please put the coordinates in X Y Z format in your post
example 1234 233 2

Xgrant

Apprentice
Just bought my first small house, i love this kind of stuff i'm hoping the size will not matter.

Why am i always worried about that ...

drinn

Grandmaster
KP headquarters near Ice:

KP_castle.jpg

KPcastle2.jpg

smaug.jpg

Meet our pet Smaug. He is guarding our bank vault. We are Finnish based guild, so we built our own sauna there to first floor. 3rd floor is our bar and top floor you can find our garden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yub'Yub

Apprentice
fkuu.jpg

rdex.jpg

Dis am Yub'Yubs pursunul urk kave!! HOOWAH!!! Yub'Yub nub wunt ani visiturs! Oomies, in da villaj!? SKAHIN! Hurribul ideeya.. Hmf.
Lub, Yub'Yub

(OOC) This is Yub'Yubs personal ork kave! I don't wany any visitors! Humans, in the village?? Horrible idea..
Love,
Yub'yub.

88' 9' N, 16' 44' W

andomin

Master
The office of Lord Draco Nightshade rests just northeast of the town of Moonglow. One of multiple properties in Moonglow that are owned by the Nightshade clan and their affiliates. The decorum was inspired by nightshade and obsidian, which the family holds massive stores of and regulates the supply of. Although small, this office is frequented by the most notable among Britannia high society and millions of gold in trade deals go through these grounds.

2py3x2u.jpg

2yz0eae.jpg

2r43ip4.jpg

Creed

Novice
I actually visited Yub'yub's place. She needs to get a screenshot of the inside. It's so cool how it looks like you are actually going into a cave. You take a step into the darkness then you are inside and see the rest of the house!

StarBaby

Grandmaster

Dorcha

Expert
My wife and I are putting the finishing touches on our redesign, and we are DEFINITELY entering the competition! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.